Grub died after timeshift backup

The grub entries of my system, generated before my grub-timeshift-misery. My start-up procedure is as follows now:

1. start from USB - ventoy
  2. select refind image
  3. select first entry from refind menu
  4. the point before gets me the normal/usual grub menu which i saw before
  5. select whatever image i want, and start system
  6. remove USB and start working

alternatively i can use supergrub2 as 2) and as 3) directly select the image to boot into linux.

Grub doesn’t normally preserve old entries. Even it did, reinstalling grub and running grub-mkconfig should overwrite them.

Since i ran the grub-mkconfig from entry 2) i cant really tell if the entries are the same (think there are more than before) or freshly generated. But rerunning grub always SHOULD generate the same entries anyways right?
It seems as if grub is installed in the wrong place, since reinstalling it any way mentioned leads to no errors during install, but canges nothing during startup too. As i said, even installing refind didnt result in anything but showing the GRUB rescue. I also checked and the nvme0n1p1 is the only partition which is with efi on.

If you are booting from refind and then it goes to grub it may have picked up and be loading the wrong entry there also. I use rEFInd myself on triple boot.

It seems grub (or refind…) doesnt get installed in the place where the computer is looking, since no installation is changing anything.

When you install refind you have to set the boot order to refind as it adds it’s own entry in UEFI. It is installed on Endeavour and grub is installed also. rEFInd is a boot manager. You can use it to set it up to boot from the grubx64.efi or from the vmlinuz-linux image.

Yes, i know and i did that already. I could boot into the grub bootloader by selecting the entry in the bios, but now, after a kernel update by yay/pacman im stuck again. But let me elaborate:
I could boot into my linux by selecting an entry in my bios. That means, i selected the boot device and then (i think regardless of the selected device) there is another point where i can select directly the bootloaders/entries. I was able to select and tick endeavouros-grub (sp?) entry and from thereon the computer started the corresponding grub (where i could select the kernel). I was also able to select there (in bios) my previous installed rEFInd bootloader.
But now, as said in the beginning, after updating the system with yay (which included a kernelupdate) the system is stuck again. Im only getting to the point where it says x files of y, and then the system stalls with no further action.

It seems as if my bootprocess is totally f****d up, and i dont know what to do with it. I would not hesitate to reinstall, but knowing that my data is ok in principle and only the bootprocess is messed up i would prefer to get only this done.

Any ideas? Or further information needed?

edit: more precisely, currently (with selected bootloader in bios) i get the grub/refind menu, but selecting any entry will lead to the aforementioned halt.

Update (sigh…).
It seems that my latest problem is related to the nvidia drivers and additionally to a missing mount.ext4 file (how come??). I also found out that i have to go back to school to learn proper reading - yes, timeshift ate my bootsector (or efi or whatever) so i couldnt boot after restoring, but i also messed things up by mounting my efi to /boot and not to /boot/efi (SIGH, again.) Therefore, after too many trials, i resign and will reinstall the whole system. Luckily i have a separate user partition so things could be worse…