Greetings from Treviso, Italy

Hi everybody,

I’ve been an Arch user for a long time, although only recently I restarted to use GNU/Linux, after a period working only on Windows (I know, don’t blame me ^_^).

I’m interested on learning more about EndeavourOS, I’d like to start trying i3wm if it’s something suited for me, otherwise I’ll install the old but good MATE Desktop.

Thanks for everything and see ya around. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS @zeruel85
:grinning:

Your valuable experience with/of Arch will be helpful for many users here.
:innocent:

2 Likes

Welcome @zeruel85

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @zeruel85 :partying_face::tada::balloon:

1 Like

Welcome! i3 is fantastic, and the Endeavour defaults I think are a great starting point. If you like MATE, both it and xfce can actually mix i3 within it if you don’t like pure i3. That could be something that may peak your interest. I haven’t specifically done a lot with MATE-i3, but if you are interested in xfce-i3, this could be something for you to try out. I also almost always end up with xfce4-panel on top of my i3 setup if nothing else.

Regardless - Cheers! And welcome to the madness!

1 Like

@zeruel85, welcome aboard. Enjoy the journey!

1 Like

Welcome mate, hope you enjoy using endeavour as much as I have/am

1 Like

Ciao

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Ciaooo benvenuto nel forum! Quanti italiani siamo?
Hello and welcome to the forum! How many italians do we are?

1 Like

Ahoy there @zeruel85
Welcome aboard the Endeavour

Your knowledge can be very helpful.

1 Like

Welcome aboard in sunny Italy! Coming from Arch, I think you’ll have an easier time than those who choose EOS as their first distribution. The forum here is very friendly, I think you will also have useful posts based on your previous experience at Arch.

1 Like

Welcome @zeruel85
Ciao Luca e benvenuto :+1: :it:

1 Like