Greetings from a Linux Enthusiast

Greetings from Europe to the wonderful community of EndeavourOS from a Linux Enthusiast. My experience in Linux is limited, since I am using MacOS for my business, Windows for gaming, but Linux over the years is becoming a great operating system with wonderful communities like this one. The install guide and wiki are very useful and written beautifully and clearly even for mac windows users.

My experience in Linux was: Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Elementary, then arch linux for the past few years as a manjaro user never really active in the forum since I don’t use forums and I am never active in general with exclusion for a cool communities like EndeavourOS full of open minded Linux Enthusiasts. I had been happy with manjaro for years, but I left manjaro because I wanted a more pure arch experience.

I read a post about converting manjaro to EndeavourOS, it worked fine, thanks a lot for the info.
I did try new fresh installing today with the Cinnamon Desktop it wend perfectly well and fast, during the installation process I got the community vibe and decided to join up the forum and be part of it.

12 Likes

welcome

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Community. :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining :beers:

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!

2 Likes

Ah, I’m glad it worked for someone else! It was 50/50 working/broken for the two people who had reported using it so far!

1 Like

My OS already had a lot of custom settings on it was originally installed with manjaro architect with cinnamon, I was not using the community cinnamon manjaro version or one of the official version with xfce, mate or plasma desktop, only used cinnamon could be wrong on the desktop list for manjaro.
Additionally a lot of automates scripts to get the latest themes and similar from mint git page and my pc hardware is all intel cpu gpu network, I had friend with HP Realtek was not able to have internet in arch and other friend who used ubuntu with kde and always had issues with nvidia drivers for some reason.

1 Like

My only suggestion is to maybe add some information in regards to MacOS and making bootable USB
https://endeavouros.com/docs/installation/ I know many people who install windows just to make a bootable usb and reason is that in most linux install guides their is no information that it works in MacOS. I personally did it using the dd terminal command in mac following this guide
https://www.pcsteps.com/6403-how-to-create-linux-live-usb-in-mac-os-x/

at the moment using Linux Suse Image Writer and mintstick under Linux and unetbooting in the past.

Welcome! :smile:

In order to make you more active ( :wink: ) right from the beginning, would you be interested in writing some notes about how you installed EndeavourOS onto Mac? Doesn’t have to be a novel, just a few lines/paragraphs of the essential steps. I could then add your notes to the EndeavourOS wiki.

That would be very useful information for other Mac users.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome.

2 Likes

endeavouros now and before that manjaro, elementaryos, linux mint and ubuntu , run on my HP PC.

I was referring to how to create bootable USB when you have a MacOS to start with, installing dual boot or even deleting the MacOS is close to impossible with latest updates and new ARM CPUs.

I can only write short intro with screenshots how to make bootable USB when using a MacOS

EDIT: I got a warning about number of posts as a new member, sorry in advance for late reply.

4 Likes

Welcome! Hope you have a great time here!

3 Likes

well I learned a lot by installing and managing eOS and last week I gave arch a shoot and installed it from start and it works great, I have a custom build arch installer and script for what I need all thanks to this wonderful OS and the great community here and all the useful information in the forum. I still plan to keep my home PC with endeavouros and be part of this community and maybe contribute in the future.
as a software engineer I see how diffucult it is to install arch from the start and after my experience I can tell you endeavouros is really making installing arch the simple it possibly can, so kudos to all.

I wish you all a great week and I hope you enjoy your time with Linux and endeavouros as I do.

4 Likes

How did I miss this…

ComplicatedWildKitten-small

3 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Welcome @MyrddinSarLal

2 Likes