Graphical environment fails to start

When I attempt to boot my BSPWM system, everything in the opening text scrawl says it’s “OK”, but the greeter (lightdm-gtk) never starts. “lightdm --test-mode --debug” shows various warnings involving permission being denied. I tried to fix the original issue, ended up uninstalling and reinstalling lightdm, then when that didn’t work I figured that something else was the problem, but as of now i cant figure out what. edit: logs
inxi -Fxxc0z --no-host
journalctl -b -0
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log

You could upload the logs to a bin site, get a url and post it here. Please see:

Welcome to EnOS’ forum and good luck!

thank you for responding! the logs are as follows:
inxi -Fxxc0z --no-host
journalctl -b -0
~/.xsession-errors: it just seems to be a log of the last time that X worked. it is very long, contains personal info, and doesn’t seem particularly relevant. If it is relevant/useful, please say so and i will edit this message with an upload.
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
/var/log/lightdm/x-0-greeter.log: I don’t think that the log is there. I kept getting errors about missing files.
thank you for your time.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the outputs!
Please wait for more advanced community members to have a look. Hopefully they will figure out what is wrong in your install. Crossing fingers here :crossed_fingers:t5:

1 Like