Good App to check disk usage

Any suggestions on a good disk usage app? I have 120gb SSD and have less than 50GB left. All my Timeshift backs up are in drive B (500GB non-ssd)

I wanted to see what I can remove to make more space in the primary drive.

Any suggestions would be appropriate it.

From the AUR qDirStat is pretty good.

KDE app Filelight is also pretty good.

3 Likes

Thank you. I will give these a try.

From a command line ncdu is pretty nice.

4 Likes

Filelight is a nice GUI for disk usage. Makes it very easy to identify large files/directories etc.

Filelight is a KDE graphical disk usage analyzer, which uses the sunburst chart technique to display disk usage. Instead of showing a tree view of the files within a partition or directory, or even a columns-represent-directories view like xdiskusage, it shows a series of concentric pie charts representing the various directories within the requested partition or directory and the amount of space they use (this method being known as a sunburst chart, ring chart, or multilevel pie chart). A user may also click on the pie chart segment representing a particular directory, and repeat the analysis for that directory, right click that segment to open a file manager or terminal emulator in that location, or copy to clipboard or delete the directory, and they may right click the segment representing a file to open it, copy it to the clipboard, or delete it.
Filelight-screenshot-15.08.1

Source ; Wikipedia

1 Like

and gtk based:

extra/baobab 41.0-1 (317.7 KiB 1.5 MiB) [gnome] 
    A graphical directory tree analyzer

Bildschirmfoto_2021-11-08_16-13-46

4 Likes

One more command line tool: gdu
Pretty fast.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.