Gnome 40 - enable hot corners

The upper left hot corner is programmed to open the “Activities” application, and the other 3 hot corners don’t do anything.

I have been looking and so far I haven’t found a way to enable and configure these hot corners.

Thanks.

Pudge

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t have a gnome install currently. There is an extension.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1037/customcorner/

2 Likes

For Gnome 40 I use this one:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/4167/custom-hot-corners-extended/

I am not sure if the others are yet updated.

2 Likes

Thanks my friend, I will check it out.

It used to be that one could use Gnome-Tweaks to config the hot corners. Then in subsequent versions, only disable the upper left “Activites” corner. Latest version has stripped all of the hot corner options.

Pudge

1 Like

Thanks my friend, I will also check that out.

This is what I love about this forum. 10 minutes and I have two viable leads to check out.

Pudge

4 Likes

Just to throw it out there, on Plasma, you have 8 “hot corners”, each can be set to a variety of actions. Well, 4 of them are not corners, but edges…

Screenshot_20210625_001747

No extension required, of course… :wink:

1 Like

WIth what I am trying to do, I will only have two hot corners to remember. At my age, eight hot corners would be a waste because I would probably only remember 2 or 3 of them. I would constatly be saying “Now what does that hot corner do?” :thinking: Mouse nudge. “Oh yeah, that’s handy, I’ll have to remember that.”

Pudge

5 Likes

Fast forward to the next day!

“Now what does that hot corner do?” :thinking: Mouse nudge. “Oh yeah, that’s handy, I’ll have to remember that.”

Pudge

2 Likes

Sure, I don’t use any of them, to be honest. But you have an option to use any of the 8. In other words, you get to pick one out of 256 possible configurations1 :wink:

1 Akhchually, since there are 14 possible ways to configure each one, that’s 14^8 = 1475789056 possible configurations. Plasma is great.

3 Likes