Getting that purple back after new DE installation

So I vanilla installed EndeavourOS on my laptop. I went with the offline installation which currently comes with the KDE-Plasma desktop. After a while I wanted to switch back to GNOME. I did the eos-packagelist installation process as provided in the community. And I removed almost everything that was KDE from my laptop. But then the purple (which is an essential part of the EndeavourOS theme) vanished. It was like a vanilla GNOME with no purple. Even though I could work fine as a student on GNOME and found the workflow options minimal and suited to my needs, I was kind of sad of removing the purple. Can anyone please guide me to get that purple theming into gnome again? With the default adwaita themes.

I may be wrong on this but isn’t it bundled with this stuff?

Nope. The purple theming is gone after installing a new DE.

As far as know all other desktops come without theming but I may be wrong (i3wm is the only other I can think of)

I don’t think GNOME has a “theme” other than a wallpaper really. What else do you want purple?

Maybe the system-Tray…? It’s blue by default in GNOME. And all the directories in the nautilus are blue.

Not all DE/WM have an EOS theme. E.g. i3 receives its theming through the endeavouros-xfce4-terminal-colors and eos-lightdm-slick-theme packages. I assume the GNOME version receives its theming through arc-gtk-theme-eos, at least that’s the only theming related package in the pkg-list for GNOME. Have you tried installing that package and selecting the respective theme in the theming menu?

:slight_smile:

Also, you can defintely change the color of nautilus. I’m trying to remember how I did it. I use the “gnome” icon theme color though which is brown. They have tons of colors though. I got it from AUR or gnome-themes I think, then put it in the correct directory and it was then available in tweaks to change.

2 Likes

Wow!! It worked. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.