Full disk encryption azerty

Hi,
i installed endeavouros with full disk encryption. When i boot up to enter the passphrase the keyboard layout is us, but i have an azerty keyboard, Is there anyfix.

Thanks

See sd-vconsole on
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Mkinitcpio#Common_hooks

Add “sd-vconsole” on HOOKS array on /etc/mkinitcpio.conf before “sd-encrypt” and rebuild initramfs with mkinitcpio -P Your keymap will be set to the keymap used in TTYs.

there is no “sd-encrypt” i found HOOKS="base udev autodetect modconf block keyboard keymap consolefont encrypt filesystems"

I am not sure that will make any difference. The issue is that the decryption happens by grub before the kernel or initramfs are loaded(The kernel and initramfs are inside the encrypted luks container).

My understanding is that grub’s support for alternative keyboard layouts is limited and somewhat complicated.

Actually, one needs to create a custom grub image.
Instructions and example at Archwiki

Indeed. That is what I meant by “somewhat complicated”. :smile:

1 Like

Calamares installer cannot produce a successful full encryption with non-English or non standard keymap.

Don’t do Full Encryption. Let /boot unencrypted and it would probably work without anything else (no hacks, no custom grub image, etc).
Read the link for more info, if you like.