Freetube crashes. . . .?

I’ve got freetube running on my system. . .this morning it just fails to initialize. Starts to run then crashes. . . any idea’s? Working fine yesterday. . .

Checked pacseek to see if anything has changed with the packages in AUR. Nothing there.

Rich;)

1 Like

Did you install the freetube-bin version? There was an update today.

2 Likes

[richardc@richard-minipcpn50 ~]$ freetube
[3553:0416/060851.808586:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(576)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: No such interface “org.freedesktop.portal.FileChooser”
[3553:0416/060851.808723:ERROR:select_file_dialog_linux_portal.cc(286)] Failed to read portal version property
/usr/bin/freetube: line 3: 3553 Segmentation fault (core dumped) electron /usr/lib/freetube/app.asar “$@”
[richardc@richard-minipcpn50 ~]$

I’ll give the bin file a try. . . .

Thanks . . .the bin file does work. . . the old package was removed.

Rich;)

Problem solved.

Please consider marking the relevant post pointing out the solution as such.

1 Like

Just in case others see this post in the future:
I’ve been using Freetube as an Appimage ever since I learned about it (over a year now), and it just always works for me. Never failed to launch nor crashed.

PS: Clicked the wrong reply button like a noob. :sweat_smile:

I’m lost here as what I did wrong. . . . the bin file fixed the problem. The program I had installed wasn’t the bin one. It was working fine till it crashed this morning. So I uninstall the non-bin compiled source code program and installed the bin file and everything worked. So I thought I was responding to 10F that this was the fix. Help me out here. . . Maybe this forum response is too difficult for my small brain to comprehend.
Thanks.

Rich;)

The electron package was updated today. Maybe that was the problem. You probably had to recompile the freetube AUR package for it to work again.

2 Likes

I downloaded the bin file before I got the electron updated file. The bin file is a debian extrapolative file. Who ever fixed the file did the bin one first before electron file got updated. . . that’s the way I see it.

Rich;)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.