Fonts not showing correctly in media players

Hey there guys, I’m new to the forum. I’ve been using GNU/Linux for a couple of years now, on and off, so I’m considering myself fairly knowledgeable in this field; I’ve been using Endeavour os for about a week now and totally loving it, however there’s been an issue I can quite solve. The thing is, I’m having bunch of music on my laptop, at it plays fine, but when I try to open songs that are written in Cyrillic (for example russian music), media players (Elisa, Clementine, Vlc) mess it all up and show gibberish characters, whilst the song titles display correctly in file manager. Im pretty puzzled with how I could solve this so help would be greatly appreciated.

jkbkjbkjb
nbjhb

I am not sure what’s causing this but removing the “gibberish” font might help. You check the generated fonts with cat /etc/locale.gen | grep -v "#". Make sure only english and russian locales are in the output.

If you find the “gibberish” locale, comment it in the /etc/locale.gen file and run sudo locale-gen.

This is not uncommon, because it depends on how and in what system the files were created. It has to do with font codepages.

Dolphin and others can show also music metadata (like Title, Artist etc.). Check if those are also wrong.

AFAIK, the only way you can repair those files is to edit metadata/id3 tags with a proper program. Look for an id3 tag editor.
IIRC some can do batch renaming. You could make it copy the filename to the Title metadata, or similar. I have done it in the past, so I can’t remember which exact program I have used.
You might even test this in Dolphin, at least try.