First video about the new ISO (afaik)

9 Likes

I like this guy’s linux reviews…

6 Likes

I’d love to see an indepth review (this felt rushed). It would be great if we could get Linuxscoop to do one.

I will offer my own video review:

14 Likes

Oh damn, clicking on it made me realize I forgot to subscribe to your channel. Oh well, fixed now.

Also, good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solid review indeed!

1 Like

Thanks, @eznix, as always a reliable and solid review!

4 Likes

You folks do all the real work, and I come along and pat you on the back saying “good job!” :- :smiley:

Thanks for the excellent EndeavourOS Linux system.

9 Likes

good review :slight_smile:

now playing with the eos-apps-info :slight_smile:

seems yad --html --width=“500” --height=“500” --mime=“text/html” --uri=/etc/eos-apps-info/pageinfo/rate-mirrors/rate-mirrors.html did the trick :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this interesting idea!

You can write this configuration to file /etc/eos-apps-info/eos-apps-info.conf:

EOS_APPS_INFO_BROWSER="/usr/bin/yad"
EOS_APPS_INFO_BROWSER_OPTS="--window-icon=/usr/share/endeavouros/EndeavourOS-icon.png --html --width=1000 --height=800 --mime=text/html --uri"

I added slightly bigger measurements, but feel free to adjust.

EDIT: added EndeavourOS icon.

2 Likes

thank you was figuring out how :stuck_out_tongue:

and sorry for the hostage, but was just reaction he made in the video sound quiet legit on a point :slight_smile:

Yes, but as he said in the video, this is the first version and it should get better over time.

And another point he mentioned that eos-apps-info is not installed by default.

The original reason was a concern about the disk space the included pictures would take. This is a concern mostly for the offline install.
But now there’s a solution that makes the pictures much smaller, so we can start thinking about installing that package by default.

2 Likes