Finally arriving to Arch based

Glad to have you. I’m sure you’ll do great here. I’ve tried Suse a couple of times, and it’s a very impressive distro. I like zypper and thought they do a really cool job, espcially with their enterprise stuff. They were (and may still be) the ONLY distro that I’ve tried with BTRFS and hibernation working out of the box. I’m hoping to see more of that coming up. I do think eventually BTRFS will be the defacto, but we need more people using it to iron out the bugs before it will ever truly replace ext4.

There’s so much great stuff happening in Linux right now. Welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @OsZ and @Einar

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

2 Likes

Sometimes it takes a while to get here. Especially if you install Arch the “other” way! :laughing:

1 Like

Genau. Das ist richtig.

2 Likes

Welcome to purple side of Arch. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community

3 Likes

Welcome Aboard!

4 Likes

welcome to arch! i’ve used regular arch for years and it’s great but being a husband and father, i just don’t have time to install everything manually anymore. then i ran across endeavorOS and the installation took 15 mins at the most and it’s as close as you can get to a vanilla arch installation. i used to distro hop but since i started using arch kde, i haven’t distro hopped since!

3 Likes

Thank you everyone again. Appreciate each comment and how you welcome me. Cheers!

5 Likes

Welcome. I think you’ll like it here. I know I do.

2 Likes