Finally arriving to Arch based

Hi there from Germany. After 15 years on Linux I finally arrived at the Arch based club. Started with Suse Linux, stayed with Suse long time until they decided to go their Leap/Tumbleweed way which was either very old or very unstable. Moved on to KDE neon for a few years until lately I got really sick about old packages from their Ubuntu base. So my new Laptop now runs EndeavouOS (you guess - with KDE) for a week and I must admit it is brilliant! Found all software I need. Also for development I didn’t see any compilation error (yet). I really hope to keep this up and running for long. Don’t really like the distro hopping as I need a reliable work machine. Thank you for providing such a great Arch entry base. Cheers!

18 Likes

Came to the right place .
Welcome, and stay a while…

3 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS and the forum. Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

4 Likes

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

3 Likes

Welcome. Once you use Arch (based) you never go back.

7 Likes

Welcome! :partying_face:
That decision is BASED on facts & logic :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Indeed, EndeavourOS+KDE is a very comfy combo. Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome

If youre anything like me Arch will make your Linux life much easier. Its so much easier to get things done/setup how you want on Arch distros than others in my experience. Enjoy the stay

2 Likes

Na ein herzliches Willkommen auch von mir :enos:
Schau auch mal im deutschen Subforum vorbei, es gibt inzwischen sehr viele deutsch sprechende Nutzer, du bist jetzt sicher der 5. die letzten 10 Tage :nerd_face:

Well a warm welcome from me too
Have a look at the German sub-forum, there are now quiet some of German-speaking users, you are now probably the 5th for the last 10 days.

4 Likes

Welcome and enjoy :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Welcome ! It´s a very stable Arch based distro, and a real great community. Enjoy your ride !

2 Likes

I am overwhelmed by the many Welcomes - thank you guys!

2 Likes

Welcome, I too have an RPM and DEB history, I love EOS and the community.

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome! Good to have you with us! I have a SuSE box sitting on my shelf! It was one of the first distros I started off with alongside Mandrake! Endeavour has been exceptional, - I’m running Plasma too, I couldn’t imagine any other desktop environment being as flexible. Enjoy the journey!

4 Likes

Yepp, going through Suse to arrive at Arch seems the logical way. My path went through Tumbleweed also. In the end there’s nothing like AUR.

Welcome to EOS.

4 Likes

Firstly, Hello @OsZ, I’ve also recently ventured over here from Tumbleweed!

Second @joekamprad, as someone who is ~200 days into learning German, seeing that posted in both languages was awesome. Danke!

6 Likes

Auch dir ein herzliches Willkommen im Forum und auf der violetten Seite von Linux :wink:

Also a warm welcome to you in the forum and on the purple side of Linux :wink:

4 Likes

@OsZ Welcome
It’s not just the destination but, how you arrive. It’s the journey…the Endeavour! :enos_flag:

4 Likes