Failed to start load kernel modules and /boot

I don’t know. I have never used EasyBSD :blush:

1 Like

thanks, ive never tried it too, just saw some topic about it when i was googling today

1 Like

If you go for a re-install of the Linux, perhaps now when you can boot into Windows, make a recovery disk in case you would need to restore you Windows bootloader some time.

1 Like

well i think im gonna do that sincei have to finish some projects today, and im not sure about windows ( the only usage of it is iTunes for my phone)
but i make sure to create snapshots before updates
(3rd time in a row when updating breaks my system :frowning: )

2 Likes

It seems your boot manager for Linux has indeed just… disappeared.

1 Like

this situation never happened for me before … i really have no idea what caused this. just reinstalled OS and apps, everything working now(the weird thing is i installed same apps as before, and updated again)

1 Like

I have heard rumors that Windows updates can remove boot options other than Windows. It has literally never happened to me, but there are plenty of posts about it on reddit etc.

1 Like

thats weird, never happened to me either, but i removed windows partition entirely and i’ll use iTunes on my mac.
so far so good

1 Like

It is a real possibility on MBR systems afair, while I have as I said literally never experienced it on UEFI systems.

1 Like

Haven’t looked at an MBR system in ages - but shouldn’t there be a grub directory, with grub.cfg in it along with other stuff? Perhaps it is still not installed correctly…