• pacman -Syu

gives the following messages:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core.db failed to download
extra.db failed to download
community.db failed to download
multilib.db failed to download
endeavouros.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirror.sahil.world : Could not resolve host: mirror.sahil.world
warning: too many errors from mirror.sahil.world, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirror.sahil.world : Could not resolve host: mirror.sahil.world
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirror.sahil.world : Could not resolve host: mirror.sahil.world
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn : Could not resolve host: mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn
warning: too many errors from mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirror.sahil.world : Could not resolve host: mirror.sahil.world
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirror.albony.xyz : Could not resolve host: mirror.albony.xyz
warning: too many errors from mirror.albony.xyz, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirror.albony.xyz : Could not resolve host: mirror.albony.xyz
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirror.albony.xyz : Could not resolve host: mirror.albony.xyz
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from mirror.funami.tech : Could not resolve host: mirror.funami.tech
warning: too many errors from mirror.funami.tech, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirror.albony.xyz : Could not resolve host: mirror.albony.xyz
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirrors.abhy.me : Could not resolve host: mirrors.abhy.me
warning: too many errors from mirrors.abhy.me, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirrors.abhy.me : Could not resolve host: mirrors.abhy.me
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirrors.abhy.me : Could not resolve host: mirrors.abhy.me
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from mirror.alpix.eu : Could not resolve host: mirror.alpix.eu
warning: too many errors from mirror.alpix.eu, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirrors.abhy.me : Could not resolve host: mirrors.abhy.me
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirrors.nxtgen.com : Could not resolve host: mirrors.nxtgen.com
warning: too many errors from mirrors.nxtgen.com, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirrors.nxtgen.com : Could not resolve host: mirrors.nxtgen.com
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirrors.nxtgen.com : Could not resolve host: mirrors.nxtgen.com
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from mirror.moson.org : Could not resolve host: mirror.moson.org
warning: too many errors from mirror.moson.org, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirrors.nxtgen.com : Could not resolve host: mirrors.nxtgen.com
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in : Could not resolve host: mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in
warning: too many errors from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in : Could not resolve host: mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in : Could not resolve host: mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from de.freedif.org : Could not resolve host: de.freedif.org
warning: too many errors from de.freedif.org, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in : Could not resolve host: mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from archlinux.mirror.net.in : Could not resolve host: archlinux.mirror.net.in
warning: too many errors from archlinux.mirror.net.in, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from archlinux.mirror.net.in : Could not resolve host: archlinux.mirror.net.in
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from archlinux.mirror.net.in : Could not resolve host: archlinux.mirror.net.in
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from mirror.linux.pizza : Could not resolve host: mirror.linux.pizza
warning: too many errors from mirror.linux.pizza, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from archlinux.mirror.net.in : Could not resolve host: archlinux.mirror.net.in
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from ca.gate.endeavouros.com : Could not resolve host: ca.gate.endeavouros.com
warning: too many errors from ca.gate.endeavouros.com, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from ftp.acc.umu.se : Could not resolve host: ftp.acc.umu.se
warning: too many errors from ftp.acc.umu.se, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from endeavour.remi.lu : Could not resolve host: endeavour.remi.lu
warning: too many errors from endeavour.remi.lu, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros.db’ from mirror.jingk.ai : Could not resolve host: mirror.jingk.ai
warning: too many errors from mirror.jingk.ai, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for server)

Maye sure you are connected to a network.

You have to use a special method for upgrade, booting from your Installer ISO.
Read this carefully, so you know what you need to do.
Pacman crashes during an upgrade

Upgrade packages on a mounted system (NOT chroot)

• Boot to the installer USB/ISO and start a terminal
  • Mount the root partition and some more (no need for $ESP or /home mounts):
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
sudo mount -t proc proc /mnt/proc
sudo mount --rbind /sys /mnt/sys
sudo mount --rbind /dev /mnt/dev
  • If there are no errors, run the upgrade:
sudo pacman --sysroot /mnt -Syu

Log down (write in a note) any packages that did not upgrade successfully.

• Check for incomplete libraries installation, and log/add them in the previous list.
find /mnt/usr/lib -size 0
  • For any <package> you have added in the list, try to specifically upgrade them:
sudo pacman --sysroot /mnt -S <package>

Good luck! :wink:

Thanks.

sudo pacman --sysroot /mnt -Syu

result:

core.db failed to download
extra.db failed to download
community.db failed to download
multilib.db failed to download
endeavouros.db failed to download

error! failed retrieving file “core.db”…
…
…
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for server)

later referred

updated the mirrors also as suggested.

Still the same errors.

Please help.

I tried changing the mirror with reflector-simple and from welcome app.

sudo pacman --sysroot /mnt -Syu is not taking the updated mirrors.

I think this is the issue. Please suggest.

Have you confirmed you have internet?
When all repos fail, it sounds like an internet problem.

About mirrorlists, I would check servers manually, not with a utility, when things are so weird.
AFAIK, with --sysroot, the target system’s mirrorlists are used, so check those from the installed system.

First check internet availability.

1 Like

@murugesan

https://techhelpnotes.com/archlinux-unable-to-start-postgresql-service-2/

Edit: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/pacman#Pacman_crashes_during_an_upgrade

1 Like

Thank you all for your great support.

Finally, solved with the below single command:

sudo pacman -Sy glibc curl

Thank you all once again for valuable support and help. Make me feel like a family.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.