Extensions in GNOME 45

Right, thanks for the advice, I am tempted to switch to KDE to avoid this issue…

1 Like

I know, I changed my mind and accepted my fate…will upgrade and see…

I have verified that the extensions I’m using are almost ready for 45…Screenshot tool is the only exception .

3 Likes

This is my current list. I turned off validation - I probably won’t go to 45 for a month or two after anyways.

Interesting mix…I’ve been working with the Desktop Icons NG developer for a while now & his was ready almost right after the announcement— You can see I use quite a few of fmuellner extensions—he does “authorized” extensions & they are all ready to go also. I can live without Screenshot Tool for a while—it just adds a quick menu to Gnome Screenshot.

I’ll say that DashtoDock seems to have memory leaks (in my case) & DashfromDock is just that—nothing else…I do have the way to reduce the stock icon size—it was HUGE on my screen & he showed the code area to change. Easy to talk to the developer.

So, I’m ready for Gnome 45!

I didn’t have the dock until just recently.

So far I can’t tell of any memory leaks

Can we say - new tiling extension? Can you say built in Pop shell? I’m very interested to try out the new gnome 45 tiling asap. It sure looks promising to me.

2 Likes

GNOME 45 in extra-testing now.

pacman -Ss gnome-shell
extra-testing/gnome-shell 1:45.0-1 (gnome) [installed]
    Next generation desktop shell
1 Like

Current Fedora release is scheduled 10/24. It’s usually a few weeks after that. I’d expect mid to late November.

And it works fine so far. My main extension are already updated for gnome45:

dash-to-panel
forge
vitals

Isnt that coming with gnome 46? What is the “new tiling” in gnome 45?

The only broken extension from official repository is gnome-shell-extension-appindicator. See: https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/gnome-shell-extension-appindicator/

Compatible version with Gnome 45 is version 57.

1 Like

Have you tried pop tiling yet? That’s the most important one for me personally, but I haven’t tried yet. I’ve been meaning to do a vmi just haven’t gotten there yet.

Me too… :wink:

extra-testing/gnome-shell 1:45.0-1 (gnome) [installed]

Edit: Doesn’t show Gnome version?
Edit: Finally it shows now.

Screenshot_20231007_184516

I’m there also…

Wow that using a bit of memory. :wink: I know you got lots.

I’m also running BOINC…it takes a big chunk of my available…at times I’ll see 75% memory usage. Big Science…big usage… Right now, one of the BOINC applications is using over 3G of memory…

I do not tried it. I’m not a big fan of tiling window managers.

Some news: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator version 57 hits extra-testing repository.

See https://archlinux.org/packages/extra-testing/any/gnome-shell-extension-appindicator/

1 Like

works :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds like it will be another boring update then.