Evolution cannot print

I have XFCE and Evolution and have setup a printer and it works from browsers, text editor and libreoffice. Evolution shows the printer and allows me to click print but then I get a message that says print failed.

A quick DDG found ubuntu and fedora fixes showing a sandbox issue, but nothing seems to help me. Is there an expert who can help with this?

I have Gnome services started at login and Evolution is working perfectly in every other way. The biggest problem is it is also blocking print to PDF so I cannot save anything either. :thinking:

Sounds like some Evolution settings related to printing are not correct.

I’ve had the same issues with evolution. . . .it doesn’t print e-mails. . . . wondering if there is a fix to this problem?

Rich :frowning:

I have done some more ddg and have a workround.

cp /usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/

sed -i 's/Exec=evolution/Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution/g' ~/.local/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop

grep -i "exec" ~/.local/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop

The above should produce something like this

Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution %U
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c current
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution mailto:
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c contacts
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c calendar
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c mail
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c memos
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c tasks

If you have the xfce4-mailwatch-plugin you need to change the command to

env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution

This has been an issue since v3.38 - so hopefully a fix will come soon.

1 Like

just try and it even do not print emails from evolution on GNOME :wink:

1 Like

If I have an e-mail I want printed out (rarely) I just highlight the Email then copy. Open a text editor, paste in the email and print from the text editor. Usually i don’t even save the text editor file, just print and close the text editor.

Pudge

1 Like

It’s all fixed, I can print emails and calendar events, need one of each tomorrow.

And your solutions was: _________________________
:wink:

1 Like

Four posts up and marked as solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.