Everything is so big after nvidia drivers download

Hi, am an almost new linux user and i just installed endeavouros and after installing it everything was fine until i installed nvidia drivers via sudo pacman -S nvidia ; sudo pacman -S nvidia-utils
When i reboot my system everything became so big that it’s even unusable so i set the resoution to 1920x1080 (i don’t want this resolution) and still everything is literally too big. i searched about this in soome forums and said it’s an xorg problem but even changing the dpi in the xorg file from konsole still stays the same. i don’t really know how to move now, any help?

here’s an example of what i mean: https://i.imgur.com/0oylDxc.png

Welcome to the forum!

EndeavourOS has nvidia specific boot menu option when you first boot from eos installation medium. It automatically installs nvidia driver and sets everything up.

Did you also add nvidia-drm.modeset=1 as a kernel parameter?

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/nvidia/nvidia-optional-enhancements-and-troubleshooting/2021/03/

i didn’t choose the nvidia boot cause it said (latest cards) and i was not sure if my gtx 750ti was included so i just chose the normal boot and then installed the drivers. but i’ll try what you suggested

Please post your hardware using the following command and post the url

inxi -Faz | eos-sendlog

Also why did you need to install nvidia after the install? If you chose nvidia latest cards in the menu it installs the nvidia drivers.

Edit: I see in your post you have an older Nvidia card that is still supported by the latest drivers. I would remove those first.

nvidia-inst -n

Edit: This should remove the nvidia drivers and install nouveau open source.

Then run the test

nvidia-inst -t

See what it shows.

Edit: If no errors then run the installer

nvidia-inst
1 Like

GTX 750ti is still supported by the latest nvidia drivers.

are you sure open source drivers are the best i can download?, it’s removing the released ones

I just figured removing what you have would be best. Reboot and then run the installer test first. It will show if any errors and drivers it will install. If no errors run the install

reeboting the sistem rn. it’s just that am going to sdo a bunch of gaming too on this and video editing so yeah, asking about performance i suppose

If you run the installer in test mode you can post the output with code tags here.

Okay so now that i executed the first command i uninstalled the stuff and everything became normal again.

this is what i get from the test

oh and since you asked at the beginning here’s the informations about my system
https://0x0.st/Hrse.txt

Okay so right now it’s rendering on

API: OpenGL v: 4.5 Mesa 22.3.4 renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7 256 bits)
    direct-render: Yes

Nouveau open source is not installed.

Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] vendor: Gigabyte driver: nvidia
    v: 525.85.05 alternate: nouveau non-free: 525.xx+

Edit: Sorry

It shows nvidia installed but running on

API: OpenGL v: 4.5 Mesa 22.3.4 renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7 256 bits)
    direct-render: Yes

Did you already run the installer?

yes i run it and it just ended, do I have to reboot first now?

Yes then run & post

inxi -Ga

and it just came back in gigantic mode

Perfect! How is the sizing Now?

as i said it’s gigantic, everything is big, massive

Well the drivers are installed properly? Go into settings and check display & monitor settings.

Edit: Is the resolution set correctly for the monitor you have?