Hello I’m having this weird issue where my browser becomes super laggy and deteriorates over time (EDIT: Now that I’ve ran this distro for a while the lag goes beyond just my browser. All symptoms are the same->). This lag persists across all browsers. I currently use firefox and have tried Brave. Both bring the same lag. The issue is most prevalent in typing tests but it does leaks to other websites. I occasionally get the same input lag in my terminal but It’s not as exaggerated as it is in my browsers. This has been happening since install. I’m running the Community Edition BSPWM install.
This video shows the input lag ← Actually during one its times where the lag is not that bad.
Some other things that could be related?
- When it does lag, it lags hard. My keyboard is unresponsive and my mouse stutters. Occasionally my mouse will go ballistic and start randomly scrolling. After the lag is done all the input will be done at once, sequentially.
What I’ve done so far:
- Switched to nvidia drivers
- Switched back to nouveau because nvidia ruined my X11 configs and made the lag even worse on terminal.
- Resized my swap partition to be double the size of my ram.
– I suspect it could be an issue with my memory considering it happens mainly in the browser and occasionally outside of it, but I don’t have any idea on how to fix/diagnose anything to do with memory.
Device-1: NVIDIA GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080] driver: nouveau v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.7 driver: X: loaded: nouveau
unloaded: modesetting dri: nouveau gpu: nouveau resolution:
1: 1920x1080~60Hz 2: 1920x1080~60Hz 3: 1080x1920~60Hz
API: OpenGL v: 4.3 Mesa 22.3.6 renderer: NV134
[connor@main-desktop ~]$ free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 15925 3692 9442 72 2789 11838
Swap: 30516 0 30516