Error on first boot: Failed to load kernel modules

I did a clean install and I want to try EndeavourOS for the first time. Unfortunately after the installation in unable to do that. I get this critical error and then a glitched screen.

The live environment works great.

Also GRUB doesn’t show Windows for some reason … Check the video for more information:

I chose Deepin as an environment.

Try something else, to exclude the possibility of Deepin derping out again. Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thank you. Reinstalling now with GNOME.

Also I was kinda used from Manjaro that GRUB saw my WIndows (installed on a seperate drive) but now it didn’t even show it …

You’re better off looking in the journal, for example:

$ systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
$ journalctl -u systemd-modules-load.service

boot on USB iso EndaevourOS
open a terminal

sudo pacman -S inxi 
inxi -Fza

I don’t even know if it registers any keyboard input. The whole screen is messed up and glitched. Impossible to even type anything (yes, I have nVidia card).

So how do you know the error message in the topic title is the problem?

Surely the issue is “Deepin doesn’t boot” ?

http://xyproblem.info/

1 Like

Reinstalled with GNOME.
NO KERNEL EROOR BUT the screen is still glitched (95% black and some glitched lines aroud).

IMG_20210113_230251

1 Like

See that button that says “update mirrors” on the welcome app? First click the button that says “update this app!” When it restarts click the “update mirrors” button. There is a menu that will pop up. On the right there is a drop down arrow. Change the selection to country. Click ok. The password is liveuser accept the list. In a terminal issue sudo pacman -Syy. then try the inxi command again.