Error crypto disk not found on startup

I guess I should have been more explicit with the message I was trying to get across in my last post - That message being that you don’t need to reinstall grub in order for this solution to work!

At the very least, I didn’t need to reinstall the grub package!

1 Like

yea that`s true… reinstalling grub was not needed for me too here :wink:

1 Like

The solution to this issue is to run the below commands in order:

sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=EndeavourOS
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Thank you @Madic, @2000, @joekamprad, and @dalto for helping us all to arrive to this solution!

Hey @ibana and @dalto, can we have this post accepted as the solution and close this issue?

3 Likes

I feel pretty confident that these two aren’t needed.

2 Likes

I believe you are correct and have edited my previous post appropriately!

Hopefully, we can have that post accepted as the solution so that anyone facing the issue immediately knows how to resolve it!

Thanks again @dalto!

Correction about the high CPU usage problem:

It still isn’t associated with or because of this specific “CryptoDisk Not Found Error” issue but I was incorrect about the actual problem!

The real problem wasn’t that I needed to run picom -b --backend glx instead of picom -b!

The real problem was that picom was being autostarted twice and I had two instances of it running on my system at the same time!

One instance was being started by my window manager’s configuration file (I, personally, did this)!

The other instance was being started by XDG Autostart (Have no idea where this one came from)!

Maybe some update added picom to XDG Autostart because I haven’t touched my window manager’s configuration file for a very long time til now, in order to resolve my specific high CPU usage issue!

Anyway, stopping/killing the autostart of one of the picoms has completely resolved my high CPU usage/load issue!

You look to be right. I originally had picom-9.1-3 and I upgraded to 10.1-1 and I experienced the high CPU

Package file list snippets:
9.1-3

picom /etc/xdg/
picom /etc/xdg/picom.conf

10.1-1

picom /etc/xdg/
picom /etc/xdg/autostart/
picom /etc/xdg/autostart/picom.desktop
picom /etc/xdg/picom.conf
1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.