Error An operation is already pending - external drive

Hi guys,

I can’t access/mount my external drive anymore.

I have copied photos from my Fujifilm camera to my external drive, but at some point it did not continue anymore. Therefore I shutoff the camera and wanted to pull the cable. Accidently I pulled the cable of my external drive. Now I can’t mount/access my external drive anymore. It seems to be still busy.

If I connect and want to mount the drive I get the error message: “Eine Operation steht noch aus” (engl. an operation is already pending).

The drive still ist listed:

[mak@mak-pc ~]$ lsblk -f
NAME   FSTYPE FSVER LABEL            UUID                                 FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINTS
sda                                                                                      
├─sda1 vfat   FAT32 NO_LABEL         1E76-2ADB                             268,5M    10% /boot/efi
├─sda2 ntfs                          63A73BD10E8F42FA                                    
├─sda3 ext4   1.0                    7a19e731-82c4-4dde-8f26-14dea3f721fc   12,1G    63% /
└─sda4 ntfs                          38D193EE6FAA453E                        150G    10% /mnt/38D193EE6FAA453E
sdb                                                                                      
└─sdb1 ntfs         maks 2TB Storage 3D4A76E93E6A999A                                    
sr0    

fsck stops here

sudo fsck -y /dev/sdb1
fsck von util-linux 2.38.1

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Not sure but ntfsfix might be worth a try perhaps. :thinking:
It is provided by package ntfs-3g

:eye: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NTFS-3G#Damaged_NTFS_filesystems

Mounting volume... Failed to write lock '/dev/sdb1': Resource temporarily unavailable
Error opening '/dev/sdb1': Resource temporarily unavailable
FAILED
Attempting to correct errors... Failed to write lock '/dev/sdb1': Resource temporarily unavailable
FAILED
Failed to startup volume: Resource temporarily unavailable
Failed to write lock '/dev/sdb1': Resource temporarily unavailable
Volume is corrupt. You should run chkdsk.

I will try it in Win10

okay. I did it. Testdisk repaired the partition.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.