"eos-reboot-required" bug on KDE

If you update any core packages on KDE, you receive the information that reboot is recommended, and also this error:

GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Notifications.Error.ExcessNotificationGeneration: Created too many similar notifications in quick succession
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Notifications.Error.ExcessNotificationGeneration: Created too many similar notifications in quick succession

You may reproduce this error by running sudo eos-reboot-required.

This is an upstream reboot bug. log out first then reboot.

2 Likes

Actually it works normally. I receive the notification on my kde desktop. I just receive that complaint on the terminal. Upstream? Which package? Plasma?

i think it has to do a bit to Kde only

notify-send its a kde thing :slight_smile:

you see it too

1 Like

I use kde and it doesn’t bother me. :rofl:

Can you explain this, or is it just a joke I was fooled to believe?.. :thinking:

pacman -F notify-send
extra/libnotify 0.7.9-2 [εγκατεστημένο: 0.7.12-1]
    usr/bin/notify-send

LANG=C pacman -Qi libnotify | grep ^Required
Required By     : cinnamon-settings-daemon  evolution-on  file-roller  geary  gnome-bluetooth  gnome-bluetooth-3.0  gnome-disk-utility  gnome-online-accounts  gnome-remote-desktop  gnome-settings-daemon  gnome-user-share  libcryptui  nemo  network-manager-applet  radiotray-ng-git  signon-ui  system-config-printer  uget  vino  webkit2gtk  webkit2gtk-4.1  wxgtk3  zenity

2 Likes

The script of eos-reboot thing does use libnotify with notify-send and kde als has its own thing internal… had some bad install in vm was looking but kde has its own dinky toy als notify-send is different beasy rest idk this error comes back some weeks back

1 Like

Its a half joke

Open terminal ;

Notify-send its kde

Normal.in kde you see some error also but notify-send works

1 Like

For kde would me more like

kdialog --title "This is a passive popup" --passivepopup \
"It will disappear in about 10" 10

I think lol

But then the script can be more complicated

1 Like

Still happening here. Was this issue acknowledged?