EnOS or Eos?

EndeavourOS looks to have 2 short names with alternative capitalisations.

• EnOS
    Search engines return an enzyme called Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) with a simple term “enos”

• Eos
    A crypto currency or a brand of 3D printer.

I only use Starpage, so maybe Google et al, tells a different story.

Should EndeavourOS be indexing for EnOS or Eos?

Michael

I would say call it TBDitW: The Best Distribution in the World :enos_flag:

3 Likes

EOS has always been what I called it. I don’t think it matters much either way honestly. People seem to have no problem finding us.

Not sure what the de facto is, but I always type out EndeavourOS. When abbreviating, I think the ideal one should be EnOS, as EOS is generally associated with ElementaryOS. Though when you mention EOS around here at least, users know you’re most likely only talking about EndeavourOS.

1 Like

Elementary. . . I usually forget it even exists to be honest.

1 Like

There is also Endless OS it actually shows up in my search results first

Elementary is still very active, a new version is even in the works right now. They’re also one of the few distros besides Fedora that works closely with the Gnome devs on some projects.

@smokey ahh yeah that’s what I was thinking about too, but I couldn’t remember EndlessOS because I’ve never actually used/tested it before, only ever just read about it.

It should be enough to enter “purple” in the search engine of least distrust … …

3 Likes

Same, I didn’t even remember it existed until I gave google a search

Even YouTube search “eos linux” return crypto. :wink:

Michael

1 Like

There’s a marching band for Ohio State in the US, nicknamed “The Best Damn Band in the Land”

EndeavourOS, “The Best Damn Distro in the Land” has a nice ring to it too or TBDDITL :wink:

3 Likes

Enos Linux brings it up as the second result in Google for me

1 Like

Thank goodness!

As long as it doesn’t show up under “best beginner distros” I’ll be happy. EOS. EnOS. EoS. SoE. OSEn, whatever.

Oh no, I realize that. It’s just not something I remember. I’ve tried it. It’s REALLY not for me, but I can see why people would like it. It’s just not a normal one in Archland here.

1 Like

Eno is fizzy :lemon: :clinking_glasses: :stuck_out_tongue: so I vote EOS.

3 Likes

My screen says to welcome you back Ben!

1 Like

Screenshot from 2022-03-14 18-21-51

3 Likes

It’s “The Best Damn Distro in the Land” but your name is close enough :joy:

1 Like

The purple dream of Linuxland

We’re better than you. And we know it.

Sir, this is not the Arch Forums :sweat_smile:

Final thoughts: EnOS ftw!