Endeavouros-skel-xfce4 added to explicitly installed packages list after update

After updating my system today i can see 2 extra packages when i run the following command

pacman -Qm

Output :

$ pacman -Qm
android-studio 2022.3.1.22-1
brave-bin 1:1.61.109-1
endeavouros-skel-default 1.9-1
endeavouros-skel-xfce4 3.7-1
nnn-nerd 4.9-1
spotify 1:1.2.26.1187-1
vscodium-bin 1.85.1.23348-1
zoom 5.17.0-1

I don’t know where these 2 packages ( endeavouros-skel-default and endeavouros-skel-xfce4) came from.

I’m currently using KDE Plasma, so should i remove them ?

1 Like

That’s weird.They don’t show up on my KDE.

Could it be because i installed Endeavouros using offline installer and installed KDE later

Can you please check whether you have these packages on your system at all ? If not i’ll remove them :grin:

I would say maybe if it’s not the latest ISO? But not sure.

I don’t have them and i don’t think it should be a problem removing them. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you used an older ISO that used to use XFCE as the base DE in an offline install and then later removed it and installed KDE this would be where the packages came from.

1 Like

I thought the same. I installed EOS around 8 months ago. At that time it was using xfce as base.

But the thing is i installed kde just a day after i installed EOS, but these packages never reflected on explicit packages list all this time

Endeavouros-skel-xfce4 added to explicitly installed packages list after update

pacman -Qm

-m, --foreign
Restrict or filter output to packages that were not found in the sync database(s).

Those packages seem to have been part of your original offline install.
Apparently they have been dropped from endeavouros repo and that is why they show as foreign packages.

Removed them and rebooted. No problem at all :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.