EndeavourOS Gets More Exposure

There is a new article on LinuxInsider with the heading:

Newcomer EndeavourOS Offers a Friendlier Arch Linux Experience

Here is the link: https://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Newcomer-EndeavourOS-Offers-a-Friendlier-Arch-Linux-Experience-86172.html

7 Likes

It’s FOSS Article:

5 Likes

I’ve heard it mentioned on several postcasts and articles which is what braught me here

4 Likes

It seems this is… unusual. The amoun hype (almost) is unusual. And not a bad thing in the least but I don’t think I have ever seen any project I have been following take off this quickly. Not only because the team is awesome, but the interest from the bigshots in the online Linux community and tech news?

1 Like

I think they are noticing Endeavour due to the word of mouth exposure it is getting. I’ve seen several people mention it on Reddit, often comparing it to Manjaro. Whenever I see that I feel obligated to straighten them out :smile: Eneavour is much better than Manjaro. Of course, I am very polite about it.

3 Likes

I think the attention that EndeavourOS is getting is not just word of mouth. People are taking notice because of the path it has embarked on. It is not just another distro. It’s more than that. Manjaro on the other hand is a different beast and that’s okay. I like them too!

3 Likes

Indeed. I think it is important to not be lumped in with Manjaro; Manjaro is awesome, but it is… basically to Arch what Ubuntu is to Debian, while EndearvourOS is more akin to Siduction (without the unstable part, of course)

3 Likes

True, Manjaro definitely has its place in the Linux community and I wouldn’t put it down as a distro. Everyone has different needs and wants.

Yesterday I was a guest on the Big Daddy Linux Live channel (the European edition and the regular one.) talking about EOS. They’re both a bit long, but for those who are interested:

10 Likes

@Bryanpwo

Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202019-08-11%2011-34-21
Since I had to translate it into Spanish, I could more or less understand.

Were a little nervous at first, but then you let go :sweat_smile:

I liked !
:wink::+1:

1 Like

Thank you to you Bryan for spending so much time with us yesterday. That was so amazing to commit that time to the community.

I also want to thank the rest of the EndeavourOS Team as well for all of the hard that is going into the Distro

11 Likes

Again thank you for having me and I had a great time with all of you.

1 Like

I would like to add my thanks, Bryan, both for your time on BDLL and for the time the entire Endeavour team has put into making such a wonderful distro. I only hope that I will be able to repay your effort at some point in some way.
Thanks again for a great release.

5 Likes

Congratulation for being part of the BigDaddy show! I watched both editions and I think that your contribution and presence in the show was well appreciated by the participants as well as by Linux enthusiasts like me. Great job :ok_hand::+1:

7 Likes

This is a follow up on the Big Daddy Linux live Distro challenge and you all (the community) are getting much praise.

6 Likes

Another establshed Youtube channel, Switched to Linux, tried us out:

4 Likes

Again some very nice words from @MichaelTunnell

5 Likes

Saw this today on Slant

Not rated first, but…EOS is there!!!

6 Likes

A very informative review from an Opensuse user:

6 Likes

It wasn’t just fast, it was as expeditious as the time it takes to flip the switch of a Commodore 64 having that momentary pause and be greeted with that comforting blue glow on a 1084S CRT.

i like that comparison :star_struck:

4 Likes