Endeavour OS: Snapshotting with Timeshift

EF - Linux Made Simple

9 Likes

I love how he says btrfs.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve used timeshift before (well, had it installed and configured, I’ve never had to actually use it to rescue my PC). I like the idea but, given that we have access to Arch-Chroot and the ability to roll back installations, do we actually need it for installations like Arch and Endeavour?

2 Likes

It’s quite common to call it Butter fs.

2 Likes

backup solutions are a quiet personal thing and if it does not fit what you want as backup solution, it will be useless for you… like me, i do backup my dotfiles only and have solutions to backup personal files, and i have no need for snapshot of the system as i do fix it in case or if i am not able i will reinstall using my dotfiles and packages lists.

1 Like

I thought everyone called it butter fs? Maybe some call it better file system? :neutral_face:

(from Wikipedia)

Btrfs (pronounced as “better F S”, “butter F S”, “b-tree F S”, or simply by spelling it out)

I pretty much only hear people say “butter FS” but then again, I don’t hear many people mention it in real life.

1 Like

Not even in the supermarket or at the butcher?

2 Likes

I always hear it as butter fs. I know what’s it’s actual name is but who goes around calling in B-Tree file system. Nobody!

1 Like

I’ve never even heard anyone say “I use Arch, BTW” in real life. I must live a very sheltered life. :grin:

2 Likes

I kind of feel the same way. For me it’s even worse: I’ve never heard anyone say “I use Linux” :frowning:

1 Like

Straight from the horse’s mouth…

Amanda: To clear this up, once and for all: is it pronounced BetterFS or ButterFS?
Chris: Definitely both.

1 Like

Me either? How many people talk about Linux? None! That’s the problem! We need to start every conversation with BTW i use Linux! It’s EndeavourOS you know! :enos_flag:

In times when you are not even allowed to meet your friends, let alone interested fellow human beings? Conversations have become absolutely scarce …

1 Like

And that’s how people respond
confused

2 Likes

That’s why …because nobody talks about it!

d55

This is my timseshift snapshot. :wink:

3 Likes