Elementary OS 7 has been released

Based on Ubuntu 22.04. Will try it in a VM later this week.

1 Like

Didn’t know it still existed…

YT

elementary OS 7: is it enough for me to switch back? - YouTube

2 Likes

Having watched his conclusion elementary OS 7: is it enough for me to switch back? - YouTube I’m sure I’ll reach the same judgement (I never switched in the first place). I will try it though, because I’ve always found their design philosophy interesting.

1 Like

I never really liked it, It is like cheap macos clone.

2 Likes

I have heard and read about Elementary OS that it is very easy to use, especially for those who are just switching from Windows. Zorin, for example, is a Linux distribution with a similar purpose. How is Elementary different from the Ubuntu it’s based on? As the name suggests, is elementary school and a little knowledge of Linux enough for safe daily use? Maybe even advanced and professional users can find their calculations in it?

https://youtu.be/XAXv6UEcY5w

:thought_balloon:

I have learned never to grow a beard like that…

I like Elementary OS a bit but i also like KDE a lot! :wink:

That’s what one learns from GNOME :wink: :smile:

1 Like

A better way to do Gnome.

Edit: It’s Elementary! Straight forward and uncomplicated! :rofl:

2 Likes

… and pretty boring … if i may say :sweat_smile:

Gnomes are boring! :laughing:

rofl

An alternative Elementary Gnome:

2 Likes

I apologise to :frog: everywhere.

My only experience with Elementary was pretty bad but that was quite a couple of years ago. I wanted to show my nephew how cool Linux is and how well it works for gaming and doing his homework. That was a total failure.

First thing that happened, it couldn’t install the programs I was trying to install from the store (i.e. libre office), we were not able to install steam neither, and then for whatever reason the system crashed/froze. We ended up installing windows. :pinched_fingers: :exploding_head:

I was so disappointed at this experience, it left a sour taste for this distro.

The distro likely has improved, but don’t think pantheon/ubuntu is my thing.

1 Like