EF Linux live stream 25th September

The issue was that i was using my smartphone with a power adapter connected and that the power adapter from the notebook was directly behind the phone in addition…

The plan was to use a notebook but there it was not working at all…

Next time :wink:

2 Likes

Ah, that explains a lot! Interference, both RF and possibly EM as well. Oh well, there was still some good discussion. The only time the audio was really tricky was when you were discussing btrfs. As you say, next time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

All in all it was good. Next time will be even better. Thanks for your time doing this.

7 Likes

I thought @Bryanpwo made a good point about iso releases. Why have a strict release cycle, heck that’s what corporate companies like Apple and Canonical do. Release one when you’re ready and ignore any pressure. I fully support this, it’s a rolling release, things get updated anyway. Too much stress ain’t good for the soul! :peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Bryan and Joe made a very good job!

And is there somebody outside, who have some questions, they can tell it in the forum! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, anyone is welcome to join the forum, it’s easy. This is my regular forum for computing and also because EnOS is my regular distro, but I also visit other forums sometimes, especially the DE ones like Xfce etc. If people are inquisitive about EndeavourOS before trying it then there is the main website and this forum. Simple really!

3 Likes

Also appreciate on EndeavourOS stance to provide vanilla experience.

2 Likes

Didn’t get to watch it live, but am watching it today (Monday). It was great to have Brian and Joe available online to discuss the distribution. I think I first heard of it back in 2019 when Brian was a guest on Destination Linux (or was it BDL?). After that interview, I tested out the distro on a VM, liked it, and then installed it on my laptops. Been using it ever since, and try to support the developers with monthly contributions. Wish I could support with programming contributions, but as a retired IT guy who started out back in the 70’s, I’m a bit long in the tooth for software development. Anyway, hope you guys will do some more youtube (or whatever platform) interviews. The distro needs more publicity, even among Linux users. Carry on!

8 Likes

Also the technical issue it was really fun and indeed we look forward doing some more streams, in the chat there was already the idea to do podcast, I would be in for that too.

6 Likes

Hmm, that could be an interesting idea, that was already in the back of my mind for some time now.

4 Likes

@joekamprad @Bryanpwo Are you guys saying you might start a podcast yourselves OR do you mean you’d like to be on someone’s podcast for an interview/discussion? I’ve had some thoughts over the years of making a podcast before myself, but I never thought of a good enough topic/idea or how the longevity of it would play out, so it’s just kind of always been a thought that creeps into my head from time to time. :stuck_out_tongue:

The best will be to have a host that acts as a moderator :wink:

4 Likes