Dracut error

Hello, an error message popped following the latest upgrade of Dracut. Once Dracut is upgraded, it automatically runs kernel-install and this error message appeared:

Dracut[E]: Module 'systemd-pcrphase' depends on 'tpm2-tss', which can't be installed

To be honest, I do not closely interrogate Dracut’s verbose output most of the time. Given the Dracut upgrade, I was on the lookout for errors this time and I do not know whether this error message was displaying previously.

I have no idea what systemd-pcrphrase or how significant it is that there is an unmatched dependency here. I searched the Arch Wiki and drew a blank. Freedesktop.org has a man page on it which demands a much greater level of knowledge about systemd than I have to parse.

Strangely, it seems that tmp2-tss is in fact in in the arch repo: https://archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/tpm2-tss/. However when I try and install it this happens:

sudo pacman -S tmp2-tss
error: target not found: tmp2-tss

Anyone have a clue what is going on? What are the chances of system not rebooting? :grimacing:

DISCLAIMER: I am not telling you to install this package. I am just pointing something out.

You get an error here because the package you tried to install doesn’t exist.
However, the package you get an error about and linked to does.

It’s “tpm2-tss” NOT “temp2-tss”.

1 Like

Good point, but same situation:

sudo pacman -S tmp2-tss
[sudo] password for [redacted]: 
error: target not found: tmp2-tss

Hmm. What’s the output of:

cat /etc/pacman.conf

Also, just realised that this is an orphaned package.

1 Like
kde-unstable]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[endeavouros]
SigLevel = PackageRequired
Include = /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist

[core-testing]

[core]

[extra-testing]

[extra]

# If you want to run 32 bit applications on your x86_64 system,
# enable the multilib repositories as required here.

#[multilib-testing]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[multilib]

# An example of a custom package repository.  See the pacman manpage for
# tips on creating your own repositories.
#[custom]
#SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
#Server = file:///home/custompkgs

The last update to this was over a year ago.

You can probably ignore it for now, but wait for one of the more senior guys to look at your thread. They may have a solution.

1 Like

Thanks a million, that context is useful!

That means it is failing to systemd-pcrphase to dracut which you probably don’t need to worry about unless you need tpm support in the initramfs.

It looks like that message is coming from the recent dracut update. I can take a look at it in more detail later.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t even know what tpm is. :joy: I rebooted anyway and can confirm that there were no issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.