Downgrading pipewire for testing regression

I tried that on Fedora right now, but it had bad results. Perhaps, due to Selinux playing in on file-ownership settings, I guess.

Fedora is also still using an older version of pipewire so things may vary a bit.

https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/pipewire/pipewire/

oh well, was worth a try :upside_down_face:

1 Like

im not sure its SELinux, I use Fedora and this is how i configure things

1 Like

Yeah, much thanks anyways! I’ll just downgrade for now and ignore pipewire for the rest of the year :stuck_out_tongue: (i’ll file a bug report upstream for this)

Will try again now, this time with

chown -R username ~/.config/wireplumber

and get back here.

At least it should work error-free here, as it did before!

And it does!

1 Like

I did the upgrade, and it still works fine.

BTW, I’m on F36 Gnome.

Well, after spending the last 2-3 hours with this issue, I’m going to go enjoy the sun and get a walk in. I’ll try to file a bug report upstream sometime soon this week, not in a huge rush to do it since it doesn’t appear to really effect anyone but me :laughing:

1 Like

Chin-up! Enjoy the Sun…

:sun_with_face:

1 Like

For anyone experiencing this pipewire issue, I’ve found a fix that works for me:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues/2451

sudo nano /etc/pipewire/pipewire.conf.d/sample-rates.conf

Add this to the sample-rates.conf file:

context.properties = {
    default.clock.allowed-rates  = [ 48000 ]
}

Save it, and restart the daemons:

systemctl --user restart pipewire{,-pulse}.socket

You might have to close and reopen whatever apps you might have open that use audio to really test it, but this little fix has worked for me. So no need to be downgraded anymore! Fully up to date and rolling rolling rolling on! :smiley:

4 Likes

I remember this fix from running Arch & EOS as VirtualBox guests. It helped a little there, but did not fix the eventual cracking completely. Good to hear that it helps a lot in your case and keeping thumbs crossed it stays that way!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.