Display Turns Off Despite Power Settings

I’ve disabled the display management in my power settings but my display is still turning off after 5 minutes. And even when it’s turned on it still shuts off after 5 minutes regardless of the time I set in the slider. It locks the screen and makes me login every time. Ideally I want to have it on all the time while plugged in and only use the display management when it’s on battery power.

I had a similar issue when I used Mint w/ Cinnamon, so I wonder if it’s an issue with my hardware. T440P Thinkpad.

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this and resolve it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_2022-04-16_11-21-55

check if the screensaver is on, this also locks the screen

It looks like my screensaver is already disabled in the settings, but I’ll play around with it. I’ve found that I can at least prevent having to sign in by disabling the lock screen in screensaver settings.

1 Like

XFCE always took a bit of setting up for me but is great once set up, pretty much set andforget

Ok now it’s fixed after I toggled the screensaver on/off!

2 Likes

Awesome, glad you have it sorted

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.