Discord unable to start

I am not able to start Discord anymore, yesterday it still worked fine. I have tried to remove it, including discord map in .config, and then reinstalled it, but that did not solved it. So now I wonder, is it a problem at discord side or Arch/Endeavouros side ? What can I do to solve it ?

I am getting these errors:

[Modules] Starting to install discord_krisp…
[Modules] Fetching discord_krisp@0 from https://discord.com/api/modules/stable/discord_krisp/0
[Modules] Streaming discord_krisp@0 to /home/mivo/.config/discord/0.0.12/modules/pending/discord_krisp-0.zip
Error downloading with electron net: HTTP Error: Status Code 403
Falling back to node net library…
[Modules] Failed fetching module discord_krisp@0: Error: HTTP Error: Status Code 403
[Modules] Finished module downloads. [success: 0] [failure: 1]
Crash dump id: 6b77f581-a96d-4cef-aa4f-3638bcf37050
[WebContents] crashed… reloading
[Modules] Starting to install discord_krisp…
[Modules] Fetching discord_krisp@0 from https://discord.com/api/modules/stable/discord_krisp/0
[Modules] Streaming discord_krisp@0 to /home/mivo/.config/discord/0.0.12/modules/pending/discord_krisp-0.zip
Error downloading with electron net: HTTP Error: Status Code 403
Falling back to node net library…
[Modules] Failed fetching module discord_krisp@0: Error: HTTP Error: Status Code 403
[Modules] Finished module downloads. [success: 0] [failure: 1]
[WebContents] double crashed… RIP =(

opera-ffmpeg-codecs update is responsible I believe

3 Likes

Happened to me as well, installing the discord-arch-election AUR package or from flatpak fixes it.

6 Likes

im using chromium, i just make a appje of discord through chromium :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hello,thank you it works

Is this Ringlish again? :joy:

Making an app with Chromium ? And how do I do that ?

appli web

Installed discord_arch_electron, but gives the same errors. Despite the errors it starts and working.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!!

you also have canary discord on aur

What is the difference between Canary and the repo pkg?

you can also use ice-ssb , would be easier to explain you can make firefox / chromium app these , way …chromium has ability to make webapps … just bookmark a webpage like discord channel page when logged in, go to apps in de toolbar of chromium , drag the bookmark intoo that page. push right button , make quick links, it set a desktop folder and menu… and it option you can set up it must be in a seporate window yes er not…

electron is basicly a webbrowser :slight_smile:

ice-ssb from aur makes bit easier to make webapps n you can create telegram/whatsapp/twitter this way :slight_smile:

also i found out if you bookmark something, and then you klik on the bookmark in the search you see a round with a + when you click on it, it wil ask to install it as app.

This is an upstream issue, and someone’s opened a bug.

I found the easiest way to fix it was by downgrading opera-ffmpeg-codecs from my cache: sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/opera-ffmpeg-codecs-85.0.4183.102-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.

@xircon Discord Canary is the development version.

1 Like

Had the same issue and fixed it as mentioned by installing the electron package. The electron version has correction enabled and seems far less glitchy.

I thought I was the only one and my machine was going crazy. Can confirm, flatpak Discord works.

So, I installed discord by using yay -S discord a few days ago and it has been working fine so far with no issues…but this “discord electron” page on the AUR says that it provides increased security and performance. So should i uninstall discord and use that one instead, or should i be fine to stick with the normal discord download from the AUR?

I’ve only been using the discord_arch_electron since tonight and it does have increased performance. It does not lag when typing in a text channel and being in voice chat unlike the one from the repo and will flag spelling mistakes.

3 Likes

Strange package name, but thanks for mentioning that, sounds like I need to check it out. Lag when in voice chat has been a problem…