Did anyone ever discover the cause of the favicon issue?

I remember seeing posts about this favicon issue last year. I think it may have been @Kresimir having the issue.

Did anyone ever find a solution. It seems to be happening a lot lately.

For reference, this is the issue I am referring to:

1 Like

That happens if you enable unread counts:

but block canvas access:

4 Likes

Haven’t seen any of that, and I can’t imagine something like favicons being subject to the CDN madness, but might it have something to do with that blackout of yesterday?

Ah, never mind.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I remember back a few years ago when this caused a big hoo-haa on the Manjaro forum… “Why is the forum accessing my Canvas data??? Is it profiling me??? Is it tracking me??? Is it malware???” → No. :joy:

2 Likes

tbh I have no clue what accessing canvas data means, here is the first time I ever heard the phrase, so I can understand why people would ask about it.

1 Like

That’s fair - most people have heard of it being used to fingerprint browsers for tracking rather than it just being one way a browser renders the page (e.g. DOM vs Canvas).

Thanks @Jonathon. I use Librewolf, so canvas access is disabled by default and I haven’t bothered to enable it, since I don’t need it. Unchecking “Show counts on browser icon” makes the favicon look normal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.