Diablo II no sound

ive tried 2 different versions of diablo 2 running thru wine and there’s no sound even ingame options for sound are grayed out and cant be entered

Do you use Steam, by chance? If so, I’ve been running Diablo II: Resurrected and Diablo III through Steam with little-to-no issues; works better than when I used to dual-boot, in fact.

Let me know if that’s an option.

its lord of destruction

Ran that one in a VM for awhile until D2R came out. I searched for your issue and only found ancient posts that offered no insight as to why this is happening. Can you trying running D2 under lutris? I don’t think the version of Wine is the problem, although I’ve found that D2R runs better on the v6 branch of Proton.

i installed lutris and added diablo 2 as add localy installed game and chose wine and when i try to open it says VULKAN_NOT_FOUND

i installed sudo pacman -S --needed lib32-mesa vulkan-intel lib32-vulkan-intel vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader

and now it says NON_ESYNC_WINE_VERSION

what should i put in the prefix location?

Sorry, but I’m not an expert on Wine; one of the reasons why I went the Steam route.

diablo 2 lord of destruction v. 1.14d is not steam, i have a pre installed game folder

I get that. I use Steam for its built-in Proton support so I don’t have to mess with Wine. Hopefully someone with more experience will come along.

1 Like