DHCPCD 9.0.1-2 update issue

I thank you, my dhcpcd works without problems, what happens is that I have a physical problem on the phone line, the internet input cable to my house is damaged and they won’t fix it for me … maybe next week. … :man_shrugging:

Yep, this you couldn’t do nothing when the line is broken…

I don’t want play with testing now, following the issue and knowing they are working on it, I will wait the new version stable…

The new version hit the stable repo, did you try that one?

I will do this afternoon, I’m on the phone right now… is it the 9.0.2-1 version stable ?

1 Like

Yes, it is.

1 Like

Have you ensured that your device is connected to the power?
:zap:
:cowboy_hat_face:

After the check all my linksys and firmware, all was fine.
Then I tried on others OS, conexion was working well as usual…

So I got some infos debug in testing then I saw that the IP wasn’t well assigned !!

I release it :

sudo dhcpcd -k

then request a new one :

sudo dhcpcd

And it seems to work for now, need to reboot to see if I get it automatically now !

2 Likes

I was going to ask you if you cleared the dhcp on this router. I used to have one of those way back in the days!

@joekamprad my old Linksys doesn’t need electricity !!

So I’m on it to resolve it, I stopped the Network Manager.service then activate the dhcpcd one.
I tested on other OS, it works well, I downgrade to dhcpcd-8.1.7-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst it works well.

It seems that I have this driver r8169 where on my motherboard is 8168 !!

19:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Kernel driver in use: r8169
Kernel modules: r8169

I will restart and see if the dhcpcd.service will start before the network module is loaded !!
If yes I will add a /etc/modules-load.d/realtek.conf

Thanks to ask @ricklinux I’m going right now to resolve this…

I just found that r8169 Realtec is not a reference !!!
But it works on all others OS…the dhcpcd update was fatal…

So does this mean you are switching to the r8168?

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/r8168/

Nope I didn’t still, it works well now, no need to create a /etc/modules-load.d/realtek.conf
If I see some problems I will check this but now it’s working at start.

Just need to deactivate the applet NetworkManager

That driver was just two days ago from upstream realtek.

I just check yep it seems to not be bad to try this one !
Timing they just put it in now ???

It is current 5.6.6-arch1-1

I installed the r8168 driver…

Does it work with no issues?

was someone on telegram too with thew same lan chip new install and it was not detected at all…

2 Likes

Yep it works, the only problem is the NetworkManager that doesn’t want to stop, it always come back on, I believe it comes from udev kernel ??? The same with the NM Applet…

It seems to boot faster.

So the issue is r8169 used in spite of r8168 from a wrong material detection on the Linksys WRT54GS v1. 0.

1/ update dhcpcd at latest
2/ install r8168
3/ stop NetworkManager.service
4/ stop NetworkManagerApplet.service