Dependency Issue

[philo@Spooner Downloads]$ yay -Syu
[sudo] password for philo: 
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                    135,4 KiB  3,89 MiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------] 100%
 extra                                  1640,6 KiB  37,3 MiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------] 100%
 community                                 4,8 MiB  58,2 MiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------] 100%
 multilib                                160,2 KiB  52,2 MiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------] 100%
 endeavouros                              11,6 KiB  3,77 MiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing libappindicator-gtk2 (12.10.0-14) breaks dependency 'libappindicator' required by lbry-app-bin
Error installing repo packages

What steps would you suggest to resolve this?

For all the package names that you see on the error message: check them with command

yay -Si "packagename"

and remove those packages that you don’t need.
In this case the problem seems to come from the AUR package lbry-app-bin.

Thank you! Removing lbry-app-bin allowed the update to run… as I thought it might. However, now I can’t reinstall it.

[philo@Spooner Downloads]$ yay -S lbry-app-bin
==> Error: Could not find all required packages:
    libappindicator (Wanted by: lbry-app-bin)

I guess you need to check which apps need that lib (libappindicator), because that doesn’t seem to exist anymore. There’s only libappindicator-gtk2 and libappindicator-gtk3, and the latter probably is what you want to use.

EDIT: seems that lbry-app-bin is not up to date with the dependency libs. So you could file a report here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lbry-app-bin

It may be possible to modify the PKGBUILD file manually, but if you don’t feel like doing that, then simply report the issue.

EDIT2: Just modified the PKGBUILD and it seems to compile! So, I did the following:

yay -Ga lbry-app-bin  # fetches the PKGBUILD file
cd lbry-app-bin
nano PKGBUILD         # change: 'libappindicator' to 'libappindicator-gtk3' and save the file
makepkg -cf           # builds the package
# if build goes OK, then this installs the package:
sudo pacman -U lbry-app-bin-0.43.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

and it should be installed.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Today I have the same problem with gwe (pkgdesc=“A system utility for controlling NVIDIA GPUs”), thank you for pointing to libappindicator-gtk3,
in gwe build depends was libappindicator3. Maybe a typo from maintainer?

Anyway, I use pamac to build and it work :slight_smile:

Summary
# Maintainer: Sophie Tauchert <sophie@999eagle.moe>

pkgname=gwe
pkgver=0.14.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A system utility for controlling NVIDIA GPUs"
arch=('any')
url="https://gitlab.com/leinardi/gwe"
license=('GPL3')
depends=('gobject-introspection' 'libdazzle' 'libappindicator-gtk3' 'python' 'python-cairo' 'python-gobject' 'python-injector' 'python-matplotlib' 'python-peewee' 'python-py3nvml' 'python-requests' 'python-rx' 'python-xdg' 'python-xlib')
makedepends=('meson' 'appstream-glib')
provides=()
source=("https://gitlab.com/leinardi/gwe/-/archive/$pkgver/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz")
sha256sums=('867884a167a974ce0e3092bddde590883343661fd5e760546f3769bea9aaf24a')

build() {
	if [[ -d "$srcdir/build" ]]; then
		rm -rf "$srcdir/build"
	fi
	meson --prefix /usr --buildtype=plain "$pkgname-$pkgver" build
	ninja -C build
}

check() {
	ninja -C build test
}

package() {
	DESTDIR="$pkgdir" ninja -C build install
}
1 Like

Can you use this as a separate add on for Nvidia cards as i have Nvidia settings?

I test only for Librewish (include icons :wink: )

and saw this first time today :wink:
grafik

I am building a new KDE ISO for him, maybe I can test later this gwe :slight_smile:

I have the same GTX 1060 card. :wink:

1 Like

I am ready :wink:
The gwe app is in the Packages-Desktop under ‘gaming tools’ for overclocking the GPU (Who needs it :wink: ).

For more information ask @Librewish at

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjarowish-kde-gaming-edition-linux55/130075

1 Like