Delete panel from desktop

Maybe I am just too dumb to get it, but how do I remove the standard panel in the plasma desktop which comes already with the install?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph

Right click on panel > Edit Panel > More Options > Remove Panel

When you’re done, right click on desktop > Finish Customizing Layout

3 Likes

This is my problem: this option is missing :thinking:

Well, that surprises me. Which option is missing - the Remove Panel option, I’m assuming?

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

What option does it show? Remove < anything >? I know if I right click where the tast manager is it’ll give me “remove task manager” and then after doing that, I can then right click AGAIN and it’ll give me “remove panel”.

1 Like

Man, I was not only dumb, in addition I was totally blind. Of course it is there: the trash icon on top of the “More Options”… :crazy_face:Screenshot_20200828_213047

5 Likes

It happens to the best of us :grin:. I’m glad you got it sorted.

4 Likes

In your defense, I think if the trash icon was a red color, you would have found it quicker.

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, the first time I was using plasma I had been all over Google trying to figure out why I didn’t have sound. Turns out I failed to notice like a hamburger menu in a settings menu somewhere and that one specific application was muted. I also posted about it a long time ago in a forum that has been. . . Well, accidentally archived. But it happens to all of us. No worries. Damn KDE and is extensive options.

5 Likes

And yet, this is also the reason most people who choose to use it so choose!!! What a conundrum!

4 Likes

Hahaha. KDE isn’t so different from any other drug. It’s terrible. And fantastic.

I use it.

6 Likes

Hello, my name is tardy, and I am a Plasmaholic.

7 Likes

I like mine with a little Cinnamon.

3 Likes

I like lots of Cinnamon on mine!

1 Like