Dead links on https://endeavouros.com/privacy-policy-2/

Under the heading:

Where do I find the privacy policy of the forum

there is a link that does not work.

The link text is “here” and refers to:

https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/privacy-policy/6

The page that opens says:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Where are you seeing this?

At the top of the forum, under the “websites” tab, there’s a policy link. It directs here: https://endeavouros.com/privacy-policy-2/

It’s embedded in that page

From https://endeavouros.com/privacy-policy-2/

Where do I find the privacy policy of the forum

The usage of our forums may vary slightly. Please read here about the conditions, which will apply to the usage of our forums.

The link “here” does not work at my end…

Seems to work fine here in the US

I’m seeing this:

That “6” in the search field seems suspect - I did not type it…

Ahhhh. OK, I had to scroll down to find it…

Just a guess, But maybe “The usage of our forums may vary slightly” text applies here. It probably doesn’t really matter.

But, yeah, the link should direct somewhere. Or be removed completely if the regular privacy policy also applies to the forum.

@Bryanpwo ?

Perhaps the “6” in the link is superfluous?

https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/privacy-policy/6

I’m seeing the same as @SemLraug here in the UK.

It’s not the worst of my current problems :wink: but I thought I’d report it here.

Thanks all.

I’m in the U.S., no vpn:

No VPN here however I clicked the provided link in this post

I went to the wiki and clicked the link there and it works as well. I’m currently on Zen Browser if that makes any difference

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/privacy-policy/
Is the correct link I think.. only that on this info page a wrong link is used..

While we are at it…

On the same page (https://endeavouros.com/privacy-policy-2/ ) in this paragraph:

Free software


EndeavourOS develops free software. All our tools (eos-welcome-greeter, reflector-auto and eos-update-notifier ) are and will always be free software. EndeavourOS is part of OIN since July 2019. The current license can be viewed here. Additional information about packages covered by this license can be viewed here.

The last two links both seem to be redirect to a different target than intended.

The link text of the first “here” is

“http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/joining-oin/oin-license-agreement/”

and the link text of the second “here” is

“http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/joining-oin/linux-system/”

but both open

“https://openinventionnetwork.com/join-oin-2-0/”

I have opened the privacy policy link to a public category. After 7 years, I discovered it was only available to staff and not publicly.

As for the OIN link, I have to investigate because they overhauled the website. I cannot find the license agreement anymore, but I’m at work until later this evening.
Thank you @SemLraug, for notifying.

I updated the OIN part, and removed the license agreement part. They were asking for too much personal info and also a mandatory Dropbox sign-up and account creation to let us share the agreement to be a certified 2.0 member. Too many steps, I think.