Cyclist's Corner

Wow, I wish that was around when me and my Grandson was doing Geocaching

Actually, Geocaching and bicycling are a great match.

Pudge

4 Likes

In continuation of the topic, I want to show some screenshotsā€¦
This is already displaying directly on my Wahoo Bolt2. I think it will be easy to understand where the Wahoo map is and where ā€œmineā€ is.
I am pleased with the result, and perhaps I will focus on this option :bike:

01new 01old

02new 02old

2 Likes

Strange winter so far. Looks and feels more like March.

6 Likes

Planning to take a bikepacking trip between Pittsburgh, PA and D.C. in May. Iā€™ll be following the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) and the C&O Canal Towpath. Plan to record on Strava (and probably copy to Facebook). If youā€™re on Strava, you can find me here:

3 Likes

If itā€™s not difficult, after your trip, share a report about it :handshake:
And the track on Strava can be attached :bike:

6 Likes

I urgently need to take away all my credit cards and turn off the Internetā€¦
I made a promise to myself that I would stop shopping. At least temporarily.
But man is weakā€¦ and I am no exception :laughing:

And so, sitting in the kitchen with a cat, over a cup of coffee, I ā€œsnappedā€ again :rofl:

I bought a saddle for my beloved wife. I love this firm. And my wife needed a comfortable saddle for a bicycle. Desire and opportunities coincidedā€¦

I bought a Microshift. Iā€™ve been thinking about him for a long time. Understanding people should understand me. And now I can, if necessary, use a spare GRX400 (10x) in 11x mode. Yes, the GRX400 actually has the same geometry as the 11x switches, but is limited to a manette. Microshift in friction mode removes these restrictions. And in general, this manette can be used with any switch of any manufacturer. Up to 11x exactly, and with 12x options are possible.

Finally, I added an SLX cassette to my DeoreXT. And I learned what a good transmission job is.

Having Ergon TP1 now there will be no difficulty in installing spikes on shoes. It is enough to install your shoes in TP1 with the configured position of the spikes and record the values. After that, the ā€œcorrectā€ position of the spikes is transferred to the new shoes easily and without difficulties.

Well, for comfort, I purchased SQlab Innerbarends. Now I use a clone of Spirgrips and I am very happy. But I decided to take SQlab as a reserve.

6 Likes

A little earlier I said that I had purchased Ergon TP1. And now Iā€™ve already used it - moved the location of cleats to new shoes.
Indeed, everything is easy and simple :slightly_smiling_face:

I am almost sure that at the end of this year it will be necessary to change the tiresā€¦ I have not found any alternative to the ones I use now. So I just bought a couple of the same tires - they suit me completely :+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Today opened the 2023 season. Finally! :grinning:
There was still a lot of snow, but I couldnā€™t wait any longerā€¦
All onboard systems are operating normally :wink:

3 Likes

Just noticed this blog here in forums. Iā€™m a cyclist. . . and I did 2200 miles last year here in my back yard by my home. Just a 10.5 mile loop that I do 6-days a week , 4 weeks a month, every month for 12 months. This year weā€™ve been having a long cold winter with plenty of snow. This has been the best year in the past 8 years weā€™ve lived here for precipitation. Itā€™s been long overdue. When the weather permits it Iā€™ll be starting my daily routine once again. . . . weather permitting. Got to watch out for the idiots in vehicles. . . .theyā€™re dangerous here. Thatā€™s the biggest drawback. I pedal a ā€˜Siriusā€™ Specialized urban bike and find it much more comfortable then the racing bike configurations. It didnā€™t cost too much and it fitā€™s the bill. Iā€™m 71 years old and still 20 in my head.

Rich :wink:

5 Likes

Š”Š¾Š±Ń€Š¾ ŠæŠ¾Š¶Š°Š»Š¾Š²Š°Ń‚ŃŒ!
Welcome to like-minded people :biking_man:

It seems to me that there are things that are unchangeable and do not change from geographical location and level of well-being :joy:

Itā€™s always nice when a person chooses what is convenient for himā€¦ And it does not follow any imposed ā€œdogmasā€.
Because itā€™s funny to read recommendations on choosing bicycles on Moscow forumsā€¦
ā€œWhat should I choose to drive around Moscow?ā€ Can you guess what the answer is?
Right! Full suspension with suspension strokes of at least 140mm :rofl:
For flat, asphalted Moscow :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My respect :handshake:

This is my route. . . typically the wind either blows from the N to the S or the S to the N at times up to 20 mph on some days. . . .Cleanest air in the region. . . no pollution except for occasional wildfires when the weather is hot and dry. No too hot because the wind cools things down substantially. Traffic is a problem but itā€™s worth it despite that. Enjoy riding . . . a great way to stay fit and healthy.

Rich :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your location!
With pleasure, I ā€œwalkedā€ along your roads :biking_man:

But still, how different are the roads we drive onā€¦

3 Likes

From a recent shakedown ride on the C&O Canal Towpath. Rode from Harperā€™s Ferry to Williamsport. Longer than my bike commute, but an easier ride.

1 Like

Unless I signed up, I could not get your listed URL, which I did not do.

From birth to 1990, I lived in northern Illinois in a small town that had the Illinois & Michigan canal running through it. I spent a lot of my youth running up and down the towpath on what was called a banana bike. All the rage in the middle to sixties through ??

banana

Plus one had to have the highly coveted Ace of Spades playing card and pinch clothes pin. One clipped the playing card on one of the front fork with the clothes pin so that the edge of the card rested on the tire spokes making what we pretended was the noise of a motor.

In the Boy Scouts, our troop hiked the Chief Shabbona trail along the I & M Canal.

Pudge

6 Likes

How familiar it is :rofl:

1 Like

these are memories of my youth. very nice to find out that others had similar experiences. even if thousands of miles apart. i think children are the same everywhere in the world

2 Likes

How different and how much the sameā€¦

Our bikes tended to be modified with the handlebars and maybe seat from those you describe (on a typical 26" frame!), and we didnā€™t use playing cards (horrors - it would make the deck useless!) For us, it was hockey cards from gum packs - usually from the ā€˜other teamā€™ or perhaps a double, or maybe someone who had earned having his face repeatedly struck by passing spokes!

1 Like