Cool art you guys have done?

I’ve been getting into digital design lately and have been loving it. Any of you guys out here in the community also got some cool stuff to share? Also looking for some suggestions on open source creativity software, currently stuck with adobe suite.

7 Likes

Very nice

GIMP and Krita are good places to start for this.
You can check out my work on this thread. Some New Wallpaper and Splashscreens
I think I may have also shared others on another thread too.

1 Like

I can’t decide if GIMP just isn’t very good or if I’m just too used to working in Photoshop. It feels like a chore to do a lot of things that I can do in seconds if someone sits me in front of any version of PS from the last 20 years.

I imagine to be fair there are probably a lot of plugins available that I just need to spend a bit more time researching the next time I need to bash something together.

Here’s one I was working on as a wallpaper but ended up abandoning but still think it looks pretty cool

4 Likes

Yer I can’t deny GIMP can be pretty hard to use/figure out at first and it probably does take longer than PS (I wouldn’t know as I’ve never used it)

BTW this was the original

2 Likes

DIGITAL/PC ART:
A Johnny Cash piece I did about 5 years ago. Obviously Andy Warhol influenced me here…

INK/PAPER ART:
I did this about 20 years ago when i lived in San Diego. Actual ink on paper…

7 Likes

A couple of pieces I did when all I had was a pen that was almost done for and just scrap paper to draw on

Something I started last night then went nah

8 Likes

8 Likes

I love simple stuff like this

1 Like

7 Likes

cool and De·li·cious art counts too ?

8 Likes

Vanilla GIMP 2.10 isn’t fun to use for anyone. It’s not bad with plugins, though. 2.99 is pretty usable on its own. Learning the keyboard shortcuts goes a long way

1 Like

Yes this helps a lot. Also working in stages and not trying to accomplish everything in the same project window.

1 Like

This sort of art always looks cool in kitchens and dining rooms, love it

Just a cool pattern I was going to use and ended up not using

4 Likes

Made in GIMP

original painting:

5 Likes

Here’s the point I realised I needed to stop on it, I will probably re-explore it one day and use parts of it, I normally do with stuff

2 Likes

Drew it back in the 2019 during the summer School of Molecular and Theoretical Biology in Barcelona at Pampeu Fabra university.

5 Likes

A digital piece I did of my cat, Cali, who passed away about 10 years ago. She was my rock…

6 Likes