Convert from systemd-boot to grub

Few months ago I had EndeavourOS installed with grub on my laptop. However, I replaced it with another distro (because I enjoy distrohopping). After a while, I decided to reinstall EndeavourOS again but with systemd-boot. The problem is after installing, I can’t find EndeavourOS and boot from it.

Although I can reinstall EndeavourOS, I would prefer not to due to my slow internet (a temporary problem that may last a month) causing me to take around 5 hours or more to install it. So is it possible to change it to grub using the live usb I have? Additionally, if I can’t, what are my other workarounds to address my problem?

Other details:

1. I’m dual booting with Windows
  2. My laptop is Lenovo Legion 5
  3. My last distro before I replaced it with EndeavourOS was Garuda Linux

Boot live USB, chroot, install GRUB.
https://discovery.endeavouros.com/system-rescue/repair-a-non-booting-grub/2021/03/

Thanks, I will try this and update if this works.

Did you look into your firmware settings to see if you need to change the boot priority to EnOS?

Also, you could try to bringing up the on-time boot menu and see if you have an option for booting EnOS.

This is absolutely not how you convert from systemd-boot to grub. It may be too late this point, but this will 100% leave you with a non-booting system.

You probably just need to set to the right default option in your BIOS or using efibootmgr. It will say something like “Linux Boot Manager”

Yes, I’ve tried that but unfortunately it didn’t solve my issue.

Elaborate? I’m still quite confused on the efibootmgr part.

I had to do something to else earlier, so I didn’t completely install grub yet. So far, I’ve just chrooted and downloaded the grub package through pacman. I’ve also created a boot partition. That’s about it.

The easiest thing to to do is go into your bios and look for “Linux Boot Manager” in the boot priorities.

If that doesn’t work, arch-chroot into your system(ensuring you properly mount your EFI partition at /efi inside the chroot and run bootctl install

You should remove this change first. That isn’t needed in either case and will only make things more complicated.

I think I messed up somewhere, so I’ll reattempt doing it, but I did the bootctl command and it says reboot to firmware interface.

arch-chroot back in and run reinstall-kernels.

After booting it, I got timed out at the /dev/gpt-auto-root

it says dependency failed for Initrd Root Device, Root Partition, Initrd Root File System, Mountpoints Configured in the Real Root, and File System Check on /dev/gpt-auto-root

Can you explain what you did before the system stopped booting in the first place?

I just did the normal install using the official installer. For the partitioning, I just clicked replace a partition then replaced my Garuda Linux partition.

I don’t think I can solve the issue soon, so I’ll just reinstall the entire OS using the offline installer.

So it never booted after the installation?

I am sure we can fix it but if it is a brand new install it is probably easier to reinstall.

yes

Yeah, it’s a new install