Contribute to Development for EndeavourOS

We do keep an open structure and working directly together with the EndeavourOS-Community.
So everyone is welcome to contribute to the creation of our installer ISO and for the little Repository packages, we need to give a little convenience to EndeavourOS.
We have wiki’s at GitHub with a todo-list so you can get into it from there:
EndeavourOS-Development

You can start filling Bug reports here at the Forum or go directly to GitHub and contribute by first getting knowledge about the code and then start with Pull request there, or simply use GitHub to share your thoughts about improvements.

If you want to contact us directly with a question on contributing or similar, you can do this over contact-formula at the Website:
endeavouros.com/contact/

If you are already registered at the forum feel free to contact me @joekamprad @manuel @pudge or @Bryanpwo @sradjoker @dalto directly over the forum message board.

The open structure needs also a system of trust so that we can not introduce anyone without first getting some trust by contributing from outside if you reach a certain level of trust we will invite into a team directly.

As we do have all code on GitHub you can start there:

ISO:

Theming:

Calamares:

If you were thinking about theming/setup of DFE/WM other than xfce4 or i3 we have the Community Editions, as we do not go to theme all installable Environments per default but we include the option to install any of them or others as Community Editions from the same installer ISO:

Community Editions:

Overview on how to add a Community Edition:

edit updated URLs (Mai 2022)

16 Likes

The bug report is also linked in the header menu.

2 Likes

And tips, suggestions and changes? What is the best place? I have a few to make.

Some are bugs but not related to EndeavourOS, but sddm or other.

1 Like

Hi, welcome on the forum.
You can always ask a question in the newbie category, if you’re in doubt which category your issue belongs.
For tips and sugestions, I refer you to our wiki, Discovery or simply use the search function on the forum.

1 Like

Hi, I would like to get involved in contributing to enOS.
There is the following items that I am not sure about, which is updating theming and updating calamares. How can I go around contributing in these ways?

As we do have all code on GitHub you can start there:
Theming:

Calamares:
https://github.com/endeavouros-team/Calamares_current
https://github.com/endeavouros-team/calamares_config_next
https://github.com/endeavouros-team/PKGBUILDS/tree/master/calamares_next

If you was thinking about theming/setup of DFE/WM other then xfce4 or i3 we just started with the Community Editions, as we do not go to theme all installable Environments per default but we include the option to install any of them or others as Community Editions from the same installer ISO:

to have them installable it needs a packages list netinstall.yaml and a setup.sh in a specific format.
setup.sh is the script to run needed commands and copy setupfiles to the users home.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will look into all of those

1 Like

Trying to create a “community budgie edition” :slight_smile: I will look at doing some of the other desktops on the Online-Installer too, and just a tiny bit of theming on the offline xfce config to fix that oversized battery&notifications icons :laughing:

Any experience with WM’s? Those are ones that normally need preconfiguration

Please note that the online installer already includes the Budgie DE. :wink:

1 Like

yea and the bluetooth icon also please :wink:

Yeah, it includes Budgie, but I was thinking of making something more themed towards eOS (community editions). It’s more of a 20 minute job for the user though, so on second thought it shouldn’t be needed, I just wanted to play around with it anyways :slight_smile:

I do play around with Qtile a lot, I use it on my desktop, that may be something worth investigating (tiling WMs suck on tiny laptop screens tho, imo).

edit : So unfortunately, fixing the icon size involves making all the icons smaller, which makes the launchers too tiny. Oh well, at least I use docklike applet… i find the text obnoxious! now getting qtile :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://github.com/endeavouros-team/EndeavourOS-iso-next

(the first link)
throws a 404 error.

Yes a 10 month old link will probably do that. What are you looking for exactly?

3 Likes

Depending on what you are looking for, it may be this:

1 Like
2 Likes

I would also like to contribute

Idk what more can i do besides hyprland work , i can test and contribute to the iso after 1 month i finally understood the iso structure lol

1 Like

Idk in what area i should contribute iso seems very easy but i lack of space on my laptop