Connexion avec mot de passe malgré mon choix

Bonjour, je viens vous solliciter car je ne trouve pas de solution pour un petit problème.
J’ai réinstallé depuis peu EOS Xfce depuis la dernière ISO : **Endeavouros_Cassini_Nova-03-2023_R1.iso. J’ai coché le démarrage sans devoir saisir le mot de passe user.
Et pourtant, à chaque démarrage, je dois taper mon mot de passe.
J’ai pourtant dé-commenter autologin-user=“username” dans le fichier : /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Avez-vous, s’il vous plait une piste pour résoudre ce petit souci. Merci.

Hello, I’ve come to ask you for help because I can’t find a solution to a small problem.
I recently reinstalled EOS Xfce from the last ISO : **Endeavouros_Cassini_Nova-03-2023_R1.iso. I’ve ticked the startup box without having to enter the user password.
However, every time I start up, I have to enter my password.
I have uncommented autologin-user=“username” in the file: /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? Thank you.

You have to put your user’s name instead of “username”.

[SeatDefaults]
autologin-user=<YOUR USER>
autologin-user-timeout=0
user-session=...

Also, do you have the package accountsservice installed?

Also, your user must be part of the autologin-group.

Merci pour cette réponse,oui tout a été fait dans les " règles de l’art " mais le mot de passe est toujours demandé … étrange.

Thank you for this reply, yes everything has been done according to the “rules of the art” but the password is still requested … strange

Works perfectly for me so far except that the key bundle is not automatically unlocked. Perhaps you would like to compare:

Summary

`~> lightdm --show-config
[LightDM]
A logind-check-graphical=true
B run-directory=/run/lightdm

[Seat:*]
B greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter
A allow-user-switching=true
B user-session=xfce
B session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession
B autologin-user=jag
B autologin-session=xfce

Sources:
A /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-eos-slick.conf
B /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf`

I still have to deal with the keychain.

Merci,
Voici les informations :
A logind-check-graphical=true
B run-directory=/run/lightdm

B greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter
A allow-user-switching=true
B user-session=xfce
B session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession
B autologin-user=lorine
B autologin-user-timeout=0
B autologin-in-background=false
B autologin-session=xfce

Sources:
A /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-eos-slick.conf
B /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

puis le contenu de 10-eos-slick.conf :
logind-check-graphical=true

greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter
allow-user-switching=true

I have not activated this entry but I don’t think it is problematic.

Have you created the group “autologin” and successfully added yourself to it?

The content of

groups

should give you information about this.

To be on the safe side, I would turn off the screensaver if you already have it enabled. Just to be sure that it does not interfere.

Yes, I have created the autologin group and my username has been added. The screen saver is disabled.

For the moment, I don’t understand at all, this problem has appeared since the last ISO.
With an older version, no problem!

Thank you for trying to help me. :wink:

Can you identify errors that will help us when you run:

journalctl -b0 -r --grep=lightdm

mai 31 12:17:48 lorine-hp (sd-pam)[625]: pam_warn(systemd-user:setcred): function=[pam_sm_setcred] flags=0x8004 service=[systemd-user] terminal=[] user=[lightdm] ruser=[] rhost=[
mai 31 12:17:38 lorine-hp lightdm[747]: pam_unix(lightdm:session): session opened for user lorine(uid=1000) by lorine(uid=0)
mai 31 12:17:38 lorine-hp systemd[1]: Stopped Session c1 of User lightdm.
mai 31 12:17:38 lorine-hp lightdm[619]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session closed for user lightdm
mai 31 12:17:38 lorine-hp systemd[1]: Stopping Session c1 of User lightdm…
mai 31 12:17:35 lorine-hp lightdm[747]: pam_systemd_home(lightdm:auth): systemd-homed is not available: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.
mai 31 12:17:35 lorine-hp dbus-daemon[497]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name=‘org.freedesktop.home1’ unit=‘dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service’ requested by ‘:1.28’ (uid=0 pid=74>
mai 31 12:17:33 lorine-hp lightdm[717]: pam_unix(lightdm:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=:0 ruser= rhost= user=lorine
mai 31 12:09:58 lorine-hp lightdm[717]: pam_systemd_home(lightdm:auth): systemd-homed is not available: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.
mai 31 12:09:58 lorine-hp dbus-daemon[497]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name=‘org.freedesktop.home1’ unit=‘dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service’ requested by ‘:1.27’ (uid=0 pid=71>
mai 31 12:09:57 lorine-hp systemd[1]: Started Session c1 of User lightdm.
mai 31 12:09:57 lorine-hp (systemd)[624]: pam_unix(systemd-user:session): session opened for user lightdm(uid=970) by lightdm(uid=0)
mai 31 12:09:57 lorine-hp (systemd)[624]: pam_warn(systemd-user:setcred): function=[pam_sm_setcred] flags=0x8002 service=[systemd-user] terminal=[] user=[lightdm] ruser=[] rhost=[
mai 31 12:09:57 lorine-hp systemd-logind[500]: New session c1 of user lightdm.
mai 31 12:09:57 lorine-hp lightdm[619]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session opened for user lightdm(uid=970) by (uid=0)
mai 31 12:09:54 lorine-hp dbus-daemon[497]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name=‘org.freedesktop.Accounts’ unit=‘accounts-daemon.service’ requested by ‘:1.11’ (uid=0 pid=554 comm=">

En finalité, j’ai modifié le temps de connexion dans l’écran de démarrage ( gestionnaire des paramètres )
gestionnaire des paramètres / écran de connexion /utilisateurs / délai connexion : 1

suite à l’installation de lightdm-setting.

Ce n’est pas la meilleure solution mais comme le lightdm-greeter semble être le responsable, je vais me satisfaire d’une seconde de plus pour la connexion automatique.
Je vous remercie pour votre Aide.

Finally, I changed the connection time in the start-up screen ( settings manager )
settings manager / login screen /users / login time: 1

after installing lightdm-setting.

It’s not the best solution but as the lightdm-greeter seems to be the culprit, I’ll be satisfied with one second more for automatic connection.
Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.