Conflicting Files Updating

I have the following error for conflicting files trying to update. How do i remove this conflict? Delete the file first?

[ricklinux@eos-kde ~]$ yay
[sudo] password for ricklinux: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 endeavouros is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (2)         Old Version  New Version  Net Change

extra/python-cairo  1.23.0-1     1.23.0-2       0.00 MiB
core/sqlite         3.40.0-1     3.40.0-2       0.00 MiB

Total Installed Size:  8.02 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                     [------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                   [------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                        [------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                  [------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python-cairo: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/cairo/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-310.pyc exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages
[ricklinux@eos-kde ~]$ 

Edit: Thanks @Balder for providing me a link to the solution and thanks to @dalto also.

1 Like

look here:

1 Like

This worked for me.

However, as usual, how pompous they are on the Arch forum when someone asked for help with the same problem.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=281783

2 Likes

If you read the Wiki, you would have not have dared call them pompous :crazy_face:

Maybe ostentatious then! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I didn’t fully check the translation. Conceited, arrogant adjectives would have been more expressive for what I had to say.

1 Like

The archholes were insisting that the OP read the wiki and not even signposting to the relevant part.

I’m sure there are plenty of fitting insults in Hungarian :wink:

I just deleted init.cpython-310.pyc then updated as normal. Did I f’up?

I think this solution can also work.

go here:

closed