Configuring Wacom to use buttons and leds/screens

Hi all,

First things first - I’m not sure this is the correct Topic and I’m sorry for that.
Last night I broke Endeavour OS while trying to make my Wacom Intuos 4 more usable. I know that out of the box KDE has tablet support but I wanted to have my buttons and LED’s to light up and behave properly.

My question(s) are:

• Best DE for tablets - wacom in particular?
  • Any different approach to configure the tablet other than use system settings ?
  • My System settings detected my wacom as a game controller? Is this normal behavior?

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks in advance!
J

Welcome to the forum!

Ah yes, the famous “which DE is the best” question… The answer is simple: KDE is the best DE for everything.1 Other than that, it shouldn’t matter, specifically to tablets.

When it comes to Wacom tablets, some things just won’t work on Linux and there is little that can be done about that. Fortunately, the majority of functionality is there.

Reading the following will prove to be most beneficial:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Wacom_tablet

1 One can occasionally encounter someone disagreeing with this.

Ahahah!

I deserved that. No question in my mind that after years in the XFCE camp the KDE grass is… greener!

Thanks for the link, will follow it as best as I can!

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.