Configure encrypt and resume hooks for mkinitcpio

To begin with, I am running on

./o.                  nik@t14
                   ./sssso-                -------
                 `:osssssss+-              OS: EndeavourOS Linux x86_64
               `:+sssssssssso/.            Host: 20S0CTO1WW ThinkPad T14 Gen 1
             `-/ossssssssssssso/.          Kernel: 6.1.1-arch1-1
           `-/+sssssssssssssssso+:`        Uptime: 44 mins
         `-:/+sssssssssssssssssso+/.       Packages: 1181 (pacman), 2 (flatpak)
       `.://osssssssssssssssssssso++-      Shell: bash 5.1.16
      .://+ssssssssssssssssssssssso++:     Resolution: 1920x1200
    .:///ossssssssssssssssssssssssso++:    WM: sway
  `:////ssssssssssssssssssssssssssso+++.   Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
`-////+ssssssssssssssssssssssssssso++++-   Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
 `..-+oosssssssssssssssssssssssso+++++/`   Terminal: terminology
   ./++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++/:.     CPU: Intel i7-10610U (8) @ 4.900GHz
  `:::::::::::::::::::::::::------``       GPU: Intel CometLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics]
                                           GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX330
                                           Memory: 5093MiB / 47940MiB

Then, the content of /etc/ostree-mkinitcpio.conf is

HOOKS="base systemd ostree autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard fsck"

There is no other mkinitcpio related file – at least locate mkinitcpio (after an updatedb) does not report any other filename that contains the string in question.

encrypt hook

When I turn on my laptop, I am asked for a passphrase to unlock the root partition. Also encrypted are other partitions, such a /var and the [SWAP]. The partition that holds the /boot/efi part, however, is not encrypted.

I wonder how the HOOKS array and in particular the https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#Configuring_mkinitcpio related to my setup. encrypt is mentioned as a required (?) hook. At this point, I am questioning how different my setup is and how does it work without the encrypt hook listed among others – given that /etc/ostree-mkinitcpio.conf is indeed used to re-create the initial ramdisk, for example after installing a new kernel.

resume hook

In addition, if I leave my system unattented for some time, it goes to suspend mode but then never wakes up. I have to force a power-off. Is the resume hook, as described at https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_management/Suspend_and_hibernate#Configure_the_initramfs, related?

After searching in the forum, the post EndeavourOS Cassini with dracut does not configure hibernation - #6 by lorebett is what I was actually looking for. I have applied the recommended instructions for resume, however, my laptop never wakes up after suspending it. I guess I should post/ask directly in the other thread about how to debug this.