Colorpicker for xfce

HI,
I switched from DE Kde to Xfce on my laptop to try to have a lighter system, now I’m trying to add my tools that I used on kde but I can’t find how to add a color picker in the system tray. I would like to find a tool similar to kde’s color picker. Is there a package available on xfce for this?

try gcolor3, i’s GTK-based

yes, it does the job but it’s not as convenient as having it in the panel in the system tray

Hello and welcome,

Do you really need it to be in the system tray ? Because most of the color pickers don’t use it, but you can create a launcher next to the systray or use a keyboard shortcut.

I really like xcolor. It’s in the repos. It’s a command line tool, super simple to use.

1 Like

you could install kcolorchooser but it will require a lot of kde dependencies

I use for example subtitlecomposer on xfce and it requires a lot of kde stuff but i like this editor very much

Thanks for the replies, anyway I changed and decided to try openbox community edition and I’m really liking it. I only encountered one problem that I can’t solve for which I opened another post.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.