Cockpit not available for remote access

I have installed Cockpit and started the service, but am only able to open a connection from a web browser running locally, pointed to the default path of 9090. Remote connections are abruptly terminated with no HTTP response code.

The application is listening on all interfaces, and I have made no changes to any firewall configuration after installing EOS.

How may I resolve the problem, to access the service remotely?

$ sudo ss -nplt
State     Recv-Q    Send-Q       Local Address:Port        Peer Address:Port    Process                                                                         
LISTEN    0         128              127.0.0.1:6010             0.0.0.0:*        users:(("sshd",pid=7963,fd=9))                                                 
LISTEN    0         128              127.0.0.1:6011             0.0.0.0:*        users:(("sshd",pid=7963,fd=11))                                                
LISTEN    0         128                0.0.0.0:22               0.0.0.0:*        users:(("sshd",pid=384,fd=3))                                                  
LISTEN    0         128                  [::1]:6010                [::]:*        users:(("sshd",pid=7963,fd=7))                                                 
LISTEN    0         128                  [::1]:6011                [::]:*        users:(("sshd",pid=7963,fd=10))                                                
LISTEN    0         4096                     *:9090                   *:*        users:(("systemd",pid=1,fd=109))                                               
LISTEN    0         128                   [::]:22                  [::]:*        users:(("sshd",pid=384,fd=4))       

Well…that is probably the problem.

You need to open that port in the firewall.

There should be a GUI installed to manage firewalld.

1 Like

I am not familiar with firewall configurations, since most default installations of a Linux OS would not block any connections by default.

I had checked for a ufw service, and not finding it, I conjectured that the system had no firewall configuration.

I disabled firewalld and am able to access the service.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.