Cheap android tablet recommendations

I bought a Jingpad, biggest mistake ever. Currently running UbPorts, but cannot even log-in to the forum as there is only one available browser and it is unsupported.

So, been looking around for a cheap tablet to sling in my bag, mainly to watch snooker at work email and get on the forum.

Been looking at

TOSCiDO Tablet 10 Inch 4G LTE Octa Core Tablet Android 11,4GB RAM,64GB ROM,Dual Sim,WiFi,Wireless Mouse | Bluetooth keyboard |Stylus |Cover for Tablet M863 and More Included (Gray) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

But any suggestions?

2 Likes

Amazon Fire HD 8 (Plus), surprisingly.

The influencers and self-appointed experts (ahem) look down on Amazon devices, wrongly in my opinion. For “consuming stuff” the FHD8+ is fine and it has three particularly good points:

1. Feels good in the hand with a “cat’s tongue” finish.
  2. Wireless charging (on such a cheap device!) which works perfectly with my existing charging plate.
  3. Very good Bluetooth - headphones connect and stay connected, and there are no pops or mini-dropouts or other nonsense.

The only demerit is that it is robust, hence rather heavy. (There is also the issue of it having FireOS rather than Android, but that is not a problem if you are just doing things in a browser).

I got mine for £90 in the usual sort of “Black Friday without it actually being Black Friday” deal but would have paid the full amount.

I gave a HD8 to my partner, it was sooo slow and I couldn’t make any changes stick (except play store).

I ended up with:

So far so good.